By OnStar, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OnStar RemoteLink keeps you connected to your vehicle so you can remotely control your vehicle features all from your Apple devices.
You’ll need your OnStar.com username and password to login. Forgot yours? Retrieve either at: onstar.com/login
Brand-new features plus a new user interface mean you can do amazing things because you drive a vehicle connected by OnStar:
Send remote commands to the vehicle
- Remote start/stop vehicle
- Remote lock/unlock car doors
- Remote horn & lights/cancel horn & lights
View vehicle status
- Monitor fuel level and economy
- Check oil life and tire pressure (if equipped)
- Retrieve electric vehicle-specific data (battery charging status & options)
Map and plan trips
- Pinpoint vehicle location
- Search for destinations
- Send directions to vehicle through OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation or in-dash navigation system (if equipped)
Manage the OnStar Wi-Fi® hotspot (if equipped)
- Turn hotspot ON/OFF and view or change hotspot name and password
- View the status of the vehicle’s data package
View important information about your OnStar account including:
- OnStar account details
- Available Hands-Free Calling minutes
- Preferred dealer information
- OnStar Advisor
- Roadside Assistance
An active OnStar account is required to use RemoteLink. Some features require paid subscription. Features may vary by vehicle. For a list of supported vehicles, please visit onstar.com/remotelink.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Bug fixes addressing:
- Keep Me Signed In failures on re-launch
- Connectivity errors (706) on re-launch
- App crash issue when accessing Maps on iPad devices
- Failure to update alert notifications for Volt, ELR and Spark vehicles
- Last trip distance field corrected for Spark vehicles
- Corrected support numbers for Mexico market
- Improved error messaging
They Dotted the T's and Crossed the I's
The app works great, once logged in. The most simple of things has been overlooked. This app WILL NOT keep you logged in. This would not be a huge deal, if someone wasn't getting in and getting out of their car all day. Or if the login credentials were accepted by thumb print. Or, even if they kept you logged in for only so long, like the bank apps, and then logged you out. For this app the work, 100%, you just login, AND never close it from running in the background. I understand the security threat potential of getting your car stolen by having your cell phone stolen. However, the cell phone shouldn't be any different than a tangible key. There should be a work around or just better all around app design. Poor showing for an app that is supposed to add value to already inflated new car purchases. OnStar is a joke. Have fun listening to the conversations in my car.
I purchased a $32k Camaro two weeks ago and initially this "app" was pretty cool. Now it's bland and basic. No nice colors and graphics on top of connection issues sporadically. Within the vehicle status section it's missing engine/transmission, emissions, air bag, stabilitrak, and brake status' that the website has. Would be cool to know if unlocked or a window cracked/open. Map has a nice feature that lets you send directions to the car either from contacts or direct entry. Should be able to see yourself moving on the map...all map apps do, shouldn't have to refresh to see your headed away from the car. I would recommend it still because you can unlock/lock the car and some have the remote start/stop feature.
One star and I've never logged in.
Purchased a truck ten days ago. I'd like the piece of mind of this app if I lock my keys inside or the convenience of warming it up when the check comes at a restaurant. Couldn't log on the day I purchased and after a dozen tries called OnStar. They couldn't help and I've been waiting for technical support since. Called a few times to check back in and I've been on the 'expedited' list for seven days. I'm not upset, I didn't by the truck because of an app and they're polite and as helpful as possible on the phone but this sounds like a larger problem than just my situation. It's this or nothing so I don't suppose one star matters much. I still downloaded it knowing it was one star and so will most people reading this and other reviews. Good luck.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 21.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: OnStar, LLC
- © 2010 - 2015 OnStar, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.