Open Food Facts
By Stephane Gigandet
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scan the barcode of food products to obtain data on ingredients, additives and nutrition facts.
The app allows to view the 110 000 products already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and information for missing products.
The data is available under the Open Database Licence (ODbL).
To discover the Open Food Projects, visit http://world.openfoodfacts.org
Support for 11 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic
You will also be able to find (depending on the indications present on the products):
- the carbon footprint (CO2 emissions) and packaging (as well as recycling instructions),
- the Nutriscore (nutritional score), nutrients, fat content, saturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugars, fiber, protein and salt and sodium.
- brands, allergens, labels (bio, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher, lactose free, palm-oil free...), traceability information (packaging codes, origins of ingredients)
- On wines and beers, you will find the alcohol content.
What's New in Version 1.31
New improved barcode scanner
Does not trip camera for barcode scan
Does not trip consistently the camera for barcode scan. It did once and found my English whole wheat muffins.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Aug 29, 2015
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 6.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stephane Gigandet
- © 2017 Open Food Facts
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.