Scan food products or their barcode to obtain data on ingredients, additives and nutrition facts.
The app allows to view the 600.000 products (including 175.000 in the US) already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and data for missing products.
To discover the volunteer-run Open Food Facts project, please visit https://openfoodfacts.org
***Contribute to Food Transparency***
- Open Food Facts is a food products database made by everyone, for everyone.
- You can use it to make better food choices, and as it is open data, anyone can re-use it for any purpose.
- Open Food Facts is a non-profit project developed by thousands of volunteers from around the world. We have lots of exciting projects you can contribute to in many different ways.
- You can start contributing today by adding a product from your food cupboard.
*** Get the Facts ***
- Open Food Facts helps you to make sense of the fine print on products labels. You will be able to find (according to the indications present on the products):
- carbon footprint (CO2 emissions) and packaging (as well as recycling instructions),
- Nutriscore (nutritional score), nutrients, fat / fat content, saturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugars, fiber, protein and salt and sodium.
- brands, allergens, labels (bio, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher ...), traceability information (packaging codes, origins of ingredients)
- On wines and beers, you will find the alcohol content.
Open Food Facts is also available on the web at https://world.openfoodfacts.org
Questions, feedback : firstname.lastname@example.org
For cosmetics, you can install Open Beauty Facts, for pet food, Open Pet Food Facts, and for all other products, Open Products Facts.
- Nasty red error: GONE :-)
- The scanner has been changed. Faster. No more lag. no more errors.
- Added new languages: Japanese, Dutch, Danish, Polish, and many more
- The really big changes are coming soon. We're actively preparing V2 and it's going to be awesome.
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing comes up. Extremely slow
Developer Response ,
I'm very sorry that you couldn't try the Open Food Facts app. As it was featured on live TV recently, we have to deal with a high number of new connexions and that's a bit hard to process for our server.
Can you please retry now?
Thomas, volunteer of the Open Food Facts association.
Scanner works fast and well
The scanner works well and is fast. Great for the French products but not so much for the US. The database needs to grow more.
Does not trip camera for barcode scan
Does not trip consistently the camera for barcode scan. It did once and found my English whole wheat muffins.
Developer Response ,
It took a while 😅, but we just fixed the problem in the last update by completely changing the barcode scanner 🙂. It was also possible to massively accelerate the response speed of the server (thanks to a donation). Can you confirm that it's good for you after updating?
Pierre, on behalf of the entire volunteer team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.