Discover great dining experiences and make free restaurant reservations at more than 43,000 restaurants around the world. The perfect travel app to dine like a local, find restaurants by location, cuisine and more plus get personalized recommendations based on your preferences. View photos, menus and reviews to guide your picks. Every time you book and dine, you’ll earn rewards for future meals.
Easy restaurant reservations:
- Book tables, update reservations, cancel or re-book anytime, anywhere
- Invite guests to RSVP to your reservations right from your app
- Near me Now, New & Hot, Recommended for You, Dinner Tonight – find the right spot with custom lists
- Use search filters like location, cuisine, date and time
- See restaurant pics, reviews, menus, and more
- Earn points to redeem for dining rewards with OpenTable restaurants
Travel with us:
- Discover and reserve restaurants in the US, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Japan, the Netherlands and more!
What folks are saying about us:
・OpenTable Is Secretly the Best Thing on the Internet (Gizmodo)
・World's Greatest Apps (Business Insider)
・100 Best iPhone Apps of All Time All Time (Mashable)
・12 Travel Apps Worth Keeping (The New York Times)
・Best Restaurant Dining Apps (People Magazine)
Have suggestions for us? We want to hear from you, send us a message.
Thanks for dining with OpenTable! Our app is regularly improved to better connect you with extraordinary dining experiences for each & every meal you share with OpenTable.
What’s new on the menu? In this release, we have cooked up new features and improvements just for you.
Ratings and Reviews
Got a date to impress? Maybe you’re trying to celebrate your anniversary, or simply meet up with a group of friends and grab something to eat. OpenTable will make it unbelievably easy for you to find the perfect place for the right occasion. Now save yourself some trouble by searching, exploring, and making a reservation all in one app.
Useful but a big downgrade vs the previous version
Open Table is without doubt a very useful concept and in terms of the actual booking and confirmation process once you’ve selected restaurant/day/time/etc it generally works fine. HOWEVER, and this is a big “but” that really makes OT less useful, the search function is much less intuitive and much less helpful than on previous versions of the app. Getting the app to search effectively for a specific type of cuisine or location is just not as easy or as good as it used to be. (For example, I live in central London, which the app “knows”. My mother lives in Sussex. When I searched specifying her town, OT returned a few options there but a whole bunch in central London, useless for my needs and irrelevant to my search request. It also seems there are fewer restaurants connected to OT these days, probably due to competition from other new apps but also maybe related to the reduced usefulness of the OT app these days. The old app was really a 4-5 star app. The current one is worth just 2-3 stars. With so many options around you’d have thought OT should focus on improving the app, not on changing the look at the expense of much worse functionality. Sadly a tale of “style over substance” and only likely to lead to OT losing more users, more restaurants and more ground to competition. Sad!
It's a useful service that I've used for years but there are a couple of annoying things about the app:
1) first of all, because you're on mobile, the app defaults you to "book a table near me now" mode and it's a little hard to navigate out of that. Most of the time I'm using the app, it's because I'm on the go or in a meeting - not because I need a table right then. It's annoying to constantly figure out how to book a table for a future date, in a distant neighborhood. It takes way too many clicks to do this. App designers: there's more than one mobile use case; more than one user journey.
2) rebooking a table doesn't seem to work. I tried at various times of the day and kept getting error messages, or no error just no success. I ended up having to call the restaurant directly which to me, defeats a lot of the purpose of OpenTable.
Also, as others have noted, using rewards is a pain. This is the fault of the company, not the app, so it doesn't figure into my app rating, but I would advise against giving an Open Table gift certificate as a gift to anyone. There are way too many limitations, rules, and annoying steps to redeem.
- OpenTable, Inc.
- 69.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 OpenTable, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.