Opera Coast web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Coast is a completely new way to browse the web on iPhone and iPad. Download this easy-to-use browser and stay updated on exciting stories and news from your favorite sites. Opera Coast is beautiful, fast, secure and offers the smoothest browsing experience on iOS. Get it now. It’s free.
Opera Coast will amuse, inform and divert you. It's the small moments that can make or break your day, and Opera Coast makes them enjoyable. Like when you need to pass some time at the bus stop, have ten minutes to kill in between meetings or are lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
We believe there is more to the web than just a handful of favorite sites and the first page of search results. It’s an exciting place, full of surprises waiting to be discovered. Opera Coast brings that to you. It was made to entertain you, without getting in your way.
Here are some of the ways in which Opera Coast makes the web fun:
- It gives you the smoothest browsing experience on iPhone and iPad. Websites look just as good as those apps you love, and you can navigate easily using simple gestures (including 3D Touch!).
- Get instant news and entertainment from your favorite sources. As you add sites to your home screen, Opera Coast creates a feed just for you, with updated articles that load instantly.
- Our search results aren’t a wall of text; they are visual, instead. This makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for on Google and to access sites.
- Make it your own. Match your style and personality. Choose from our selection of wallpapers, or use one of your own pictures.
- We’ll keep you safe. If there is danger from a site, we’ll warn you; otherwise, we won’t bother you with technical details. Just enjoy the ride.
- You can quickly share stuff from the web, and make it more personal by adding a message. Sharing is caring.
- Browse smoothly even on slow networks, thanks to our Opera Turbo technology.
- Juggling several iOS devices? You can sync your Opera Coast data over iCloud between your iPhone and your iPad.
What's New in Version 5.04
First of all, thanks to all our fans, we really appreciate all your love and support! This update is to all of you as we're fixing two of the most requested changes:
- Improved stability
- Disabled automatic link shortening of shared links (no ads when opening a shared link)
- Faster flip animation when opening sites from the home screen
Fantastic in Appearance, Gimped in Functionality
For the past week, I have attempted to make a complete shift to Opera Coast. It looks beautiful and in all ways should be a definitively better experience than using Safari. Should. Whenever I click a link or attempt to do a Google search, everything seems to be loading at what seems to be half to a third the speed of other browsers such as Chrome or Safari. This is backed by the fact that using such links force you to interact with, arguably, the most ugly pieces of the interface design. When tapping on a link, the link is surrounded by a thick grey box which looks primitive compared to the fast, slim, text conforming boxes used in Chrome and Safari. It also displays, at the bottom of the screen, a similar rounded rectangle with the site link and a loading bar. Chrome and Safari both respect the intelligence of the user by deciding not to display the link previously tapped on. I know what I'm clicking, no need to expend precious screen space with an unattractive pop up. With that in mind, I see no reason why the loading bar can't be a slim white line placed atop the bottom menu. The slow speed and these unseemly aspects of the interface hinder the user experience and have forced me to retreat back to the less impressive looking Safari and Chrome. If these pressing issues are addressed, I'll be happy to continue using their browser.
Fast, Aesthetic and Pleasing To Use
Beautiful web browser, bookmark websites in the form of squared icons, the pulsating effects of loading, opening and closing things makes it refreshing and pleasing to use. Wouldn't replace the default safari, but this is awesome to use. I like to use it for messaging and browsing facebook.
Here's also an "issue" its with all mobile browsers at least that I know of with iPhone, on face book you cannot copy and paste your own or other people's statuses, the blue highlight function gets trapped in the upper left corner of the news feed icon, so I wonder if the developers can change coding and things around.
It's so fun to play with
This stuff is so fun to play with it makes me giggle and runs smoothly if your not infected with apple infections in your device. It's fast when I first download it then it slows sometimes. Seemingly makes sense with mobile web services being influx with who gets data allocated throughout the day.
It's home screen makes sense and gives an on screen display of basic sports news and entertainment. The bookmarks and history is stored really creatively at the. Otto like the icons bar on your mac or apple mobile device in a stack. Think windows and chrome web page browsing. But better!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 03, 2016
- Version: 5.04
- Size: 47.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.