Opera Mini web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Mini, one of the fastest web browsers made for your iPhone and iPad, now has a built-in ad blocker. It also saves data, syncs your bookmarks and Speed Dials across devices, and gives you fast, easy access to your favorites.
Your Apple device is awesome. It keeps you connected to the people and content you love, wherever you go. But, you know what’s not awesome? Big, fat data bills. Also, ads. Bills and ads. Boo. What can you do? Install Opera Mini.
Opera Mini blocks ads and crunches down the size of the websites you visit. It compresses images, video and text, making sites lighter and faster. More cat videos and life hacks for you, less data on your monthly bill.
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
What's New in Version 14.0.0
- Added ad blocker
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Switching over after years of Chrome
I've been using Chrome for iOS ever since it came out and I was confident enough to say that it was the best mobile browser ever. It had everything that I wanted; desktop syncing, flash, etc.
I decided to give Opera a try and my, was I blown away. The data saving feature is an absolute must for me because I don't have unlimited data. The UI just feels a lot more cleaner and minimalistic (which some people prefer). Overall, I would give this app an 10/5 if I could.
Opera Mini Mode not working
The Opera Mini mode in settings is not working properly. When putting in a website it wont load...it'll just say "check network settings". I think the old version of opera mini is not compatible with the latest iOS update. Opera Turbo is the only mode that actually works right. But some of us depend on opera mini mode to see job related graph charts from home & alot of other things work related. PLEASE update. It has t been updated in a while PLEASSE UPDATE ASAP!
Adware and Crashes
When audio starts playing all of the sudden on your device while on the speed dial page, you know the adaware and spies of Opera and their advertisers are out of control. Not to mention the constant crashes and force close of the app. Shut the browser down, music and ads stop running. Sniff the traffic also, chrome, opera and many browsers with their ad and analytics creeping around in the background tracking your every move. Going to find a Tor browser, or stop using this Apple malware iPad forever.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 14.0.0
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.