By John Hitchins
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OTP is an easy to use generator for One Time Passwords and supports RFC2289, RFC4226 (HOTP) and RFC6238 (TOTP) based one time passwords.
OTP is compatible with 'Authenticator' which is being adopted by many popular sites around the internet.
* Quickly generate One Time Password responses to appropriate challenges
* Save regular host details to speed up the generation process
* Pass codes and secrets are stored securly in the iOS Keychain
* Copy generated response to the clipboard
OTP Pro available as an InApp purchase adds the following -
* Removes the banner adds
* Allows sharing of RFC2289 OTP's via email and messages
* Introduces a custom URL scheme to allow issuing challenges and responses for RFC2289 OTP's
For RFC2289 OTP's, to quote from the RFC -
"The [One Time Password authentication system] uses a secret pass-phrase to generate a sequence of one-time (single use) passwords. With this system, the user's secret pass-phrase never needs to cross the network at any time such as during authentication or during pass-phrase changes. Thus, it is not vulnerable to replay attacks. Added security is provided by the property that no secret information need be stored on any system, including the server being protected."
Server side implementations for RFC2289 One Time Passwords are readily available on the internet and included in most Linux distributions. Implementing such a system can provide an additional level of security, particularly where logging into servers across the public internet.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Restored the option to not save secrets to the keychain.
Various layout bug fixes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 07, 2013
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Hitchins
- © 2012-2013 GMB eyeT Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One Time Password Pro$1.99