By One Man Left
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
App Store Editor’s Choice Selection
Featured in the App Store’s Best of 2012
Among TouchArcade.com’s Best Strategy & Defense Games of 2012
It’s a battle of wits against friends or strangers! Take turns maneuvering your troops through the fog of war in 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2 battles. The first player to destroy the enemy base wins. Four races are at your disposal, each with a unique special unit to master. Will you fight alongside a hermit crab cannon, a brainwasher, a creeping thorny octopus, or a troop-teleporting narwhal?
• Take turns asynchronously, or pass the device
• 1-on-1 or 2-on-2 mayhem!
• Battle players of similar skill with league placement & matchmaking
• New seasons arrive to shake up the leaderboards
• Use your Game Center account and friends list
• Cross-platform play
• A universal app with retina support
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Note on IAP from 1.x users: Please go to the in-game store, scroll down, and tap 'restore purchases' to restore previously bought content for free.
- Fixed game crash with users with large lists of friends
- Fixed turn list hanging when signing into gamecenter
- Fixed black screen bug when exiting games via double tapping 'to games'
- Fixed games list getting sorted incorrectly when coming from in-game
- Outwitters rebuilt from the ground up!
- Native iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support. Higher resolution graphics for newer devices!
- See more of the map on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8 compatibility
- Cross platform play
- Games now auto-refresh if you're in-game while receiving a new turn. Makes for faster real-time play!
- Push Notifications sent and received faster
- Better frame rates
- Several new and improved animations
- Turns now auto-submit when you've run out of wits
- League is displayed in friends list when adding a friend to a game
- And many more improvements...
The truth is that this game has massive amounts of potential but lacks a few key things. First of all, where's the forfeit timer? I have two games going where the opponent hasn't taken a turn on three days and one game where the opponent hasn't taken a turn in two days! You should know that if you have a free account you can only play three games at a time, thus I can't play at all because of those three games that haven't been force forfeited. It's a serious hit to the app that has a simple fix. Also, I have one game that's stuck in limbo, the game freezes whenever I try to load it. I'm guessing it hasn't registered as a game because like I said before you can only have three games active. With all that said, the game has great balance with characters and the packages they offer for you to buy. I would love to see more characters implemented, though.
Update: the problems that have been mentioned above have since been fixed. I haven't encountered the problems since. Great game! 5/5 stars 😁
Without question one of the very best game apps around. Easy to learn, hard to master, endless entertainment. No two games are the same. I've played for two years or so now, and have no intention of stopping (unless the recent crashing issues are not fixed - more on that to follow).
I really would love to see a large map, at least 4x bigger. Maybe a 3- or 4-player version that is not team play. A cross between Outwitters and Diplomacy would be one of the greatest games ever!
Most of the negative reviews I have read are virtually irrelevant -- there already is a time limit that will disqualify players who don't play within four days, and once you've won a few games the quality and reliability of competition increases. The only problem I have with this game is the extreme bugginess since the update. This must be fixed. I have forfeited games due to inability to even press "Done" without the game crashing. I can't play anymore as things stand.
Starcraft 2 + Chess
Simple to learn but hard to master. The four teams may seem similar at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll realize what a big difference the special units make and how differently each team plays. Not to mention the map variety which further mixes up the gameplay.
Also, search for Outwitters Sports Network by codepenguin on google. Amazing replay resource.
Edit: ouchalargerock's review is off regarding the balance. As a Super-Titan league player with a few accounts in the top 50 let me weigh in on this aspect. When you get to higher leagues against better players you'll realize that rushing isn't a good strat in most cases and longer games are common as good players can defend rushes. Also, snipers do not need a buff. In fact, on certain maps they are the lynchpin for victory. It is true that heavies are expensive though and you should avoid spawning them. Soldiers should be your main unit.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 16, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 385 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: One Man Left
- © 2015 One Man Left Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Team Packs$7.99
- Feedback Pack$3.99
- Extra Game Slots$3.99
- 2nd Gen Map pack$3.99
- Veggienauts Pack$3.99
- Adorables Pack$3.99
- Master Control Base$1.99
- Vine Temple Base$1.99
- Sea Bastion Scallywags Base$1.99
- The Processor Base$1.99