The oxaBrow App is for those with a diagnosed Calcium Oxalate related Kidney Stones condition. For example, a low oxalate diet with a typical daily restriction of 50 milligrams can easily be managed by getting facts about specific food Oxalate levels.
Calcium Oxalate are found in 80% of the population that have Kidney Stones.
This app presents data of approximately 500 food and ingredient items with in every case a formal reference about the source of data provided.
The convenience of the continuous availability of this app facilitate making eating decisions when:
- at the grocery store,
- at the restaurant,
- as a guess during a meal or
- simply at home while planning a meal.
Gone is the limited and inconvenient Oxalate paper list posted on the refrigerator door.
Every food item listed in the app is presented with:
- a thumbnail image,
- its name,
- the preparation method (if applicable),
- a typical serving size and
- the oxalate level for that serving size.
Selecting an item from that list will present further details such as:
- a larger image,
- the groups it belongs to,
- low Oxalate level food alternatives (if applicable and available) and
- the formal reference of the source of information.
The data is conveniently organized to access it in various ways. Data can be sorted:
- by groups (e.g Vegetable, Meats, Soups...),
- by oxalate level or
- alphabetically within each oxalate level category.
The app also has a search function that immediately present search results as you type avoiding having to type more than necessary. During a search, one can select a food item to view details and come back and carry on searching without having to retype the initial search. At any time, the search can be modified or cancelled. Search is available in any sort mode.
You can delete items by a Right to Left sweep to get rid of unwanted food items. To restore all food items simply delete the application and re-install it (at no cost obviously).
The app database is local to the device and therefore the app does not require nor uses the Internet, once installed.
This application should not be used to replace professional medical advises. The information provided in this application should be used at the user's discretion. FBRD inc. assumes no responsibility in the correctness or the consequences of the utilisation of this application.
- Sort by Group
- Oxalate level min. and max. displayed in the Sorted by Oxalate Level Section headers
- Improved screen estate utilization of Preparation vs Serving and Food name vs Oxalate Level
- "Sorted by" selection "Category" renamed to "Category of Oxalate Level" for clarity purpose
- Fixed a bug that was occurring on a very fast search and navigation sequence
Ratings and Reviews
Its nice to have a list when shopping or out to dinner!
Hopefully , this list will be expanded.
Hope author keeps it up to date.
I am a kidney stone former and I used OxaBrow for a long time now , I found it to be very helpful in finding best food to eat and avoid high oxalate food
Compared to an app like My Fitness Pal that has a world of foods, this app has only the most used, common foods. If you are a vegan, forget it. None of the brand name meat substitutes are available. Although they App Store shows that alternative choices for foods is available, this does not show up on my iPhone 6.
- FBRD inc.
- 15.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015-2017 FBRD inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.