Oxford Dictionary of English plus Audio
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Entirely revised and updated to include the most comprehensive and accurate picture of the English language today, Oxford Dictionary of English represents the authority of dictionary apps.
The current edition includes thousands of additional words and sentences, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH FREE BETTER THAN ALL OTHER DICTIONARIES?
The Oxford Dictionary of English offers you:
* the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world;
* the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings;
* thousands of words and sentences derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus;
* about 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including words with controversial or variant pronunciations.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 8.2.2
* Performance improvements
* Bug fixes
Buy the OED and American Heritaage apps, and you'll be surprised how addictive and fun busting out your phone for definitions are. Not just ones you don't know, but those you *thought* you knew but really didn't. Saving them as " favorites"is also key b/c we forget! I don't quite trust the free online dictionaries out there. So if you're a reader, thinker, student, teacher, or anyone in love with the rich nuance of the English language: get this. I suggest Am. Heritage as well for those who would like to see the subtle differences between U.K. English and - my own vernacular - American difference. It's no drug: it's a joy!
It's the OED
There is nothing close to it in this world. The English language couldn't be better served.
You can delight in giving them your money. No better investment is possible.
***Read the example sentences! They'll change your life.***
I love this app!
It is very rare to look for a word and not find it, and even cultural concepts and famous persons and places have entries. The audio function works well, which helps you get the most out of a multimedia application.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 31, 2016
- Version: 8.2.2
- Size: 143 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2016 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.