Oxford German Dictionary, 3rd Edition
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Oxford German Dictionary provides authoritative coverage of German and English with over 320,000 words and phrases, alongside 520,000 translations. Essential grammatical information and language usage notes are provided for both languages.
It provides comprehensive guidance on pronunciation, vowel length, and syllable stress, as well as clear distinctions between pre-reform spellings alongside new preferred forms. There are invaluable cultural notes to learn more about life in German- and English-speaking countries - essential tools for language professionals and students at all levels.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 8.2.2
* Optimised for iOS 10!
* New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
* Integrated audio pronunciations for both English and German
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Obnoxious and intrusive
I have had this app for years. Lately, it will not let me look up a word unless I go through a screen that tells me either give the app 5 stars or rate later. I tried to go through app support, but the process is unbelievably complicated. I am totally fed up.
It is now November 26 and all three dictionaries are still blocking my looking up a word with this screen that tries to force me to rate this app 5 stars. This app does not have a working link for the app to the developer website and a generic inquiry requires inputting all sorts of personal information.
It was an expensive app when I bought it and I am now launching a formal complaint with the App Store.
Great dictionary, decent interface, pestering prompts
The dictionary is quite thorough and useful. Only rarely do I need to consult another, and this normally happens with older German. The interface is perfectly serviceable, but the app has recently begun to pester you to review it, and not on start up, but when you look up a word. Naturally I don't want to be pestered when I'm sitting down to read or study, and the frequency and invasiveness of the notifications is greater than other apps.
I am a German major at a university and do light translation- this dictionary app is great - I have it on my iPhone - I also own the book, but who wants to drag 10 pounds of dictionary around in a backpack? Perfect solution for my needs and very complete.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 17, 2016
- Version: 8.2.2
- Size: 82.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2016 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.