Oxford Italian Dictionary
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary is the most complete and up-to-date Italian dictionary available, with greater bilingual coverage than ever before. The dictionary covers over 300,000 words and phrases, 450,000 translations, and captures idiomatic, colloquial, spoken, and written language in both Italian and English.
By incorporating phrasefinders and cultural information, the dictionary serves both as an authoritative work of reference and as a dynamic passport of both cultures. You'll find quick-reference verb tables, grammar notes and vocabulary lists including specialized EU terminology, as well as lively and interesting cultural notes give an insight into life in Italy.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS:
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 8.1.3
* Performance improvements
* Bug fixes
Should be better
This might be the best Italian-English iOS dictionary, but it's only OK. The two things that irk me most is the delay while suggestions appear, and the surprising number of terms missing. My most recent was "sprezzatura," which I suspect might even be found in a good English literary glossary—but it's not in the Oxford.
Best English-Italian dictionary app
Of the many that I have tried, I always come back to this one, which improves with each new version.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 28, 2015
- Version: 8.1.3
- Size: 76.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2015 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.