Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary is the most complete and up-to-date Italian dictionary available, with greater bilingual coverage than ever before. The dictionary covers over 300,000 words and phrases, 450,000 translations, and captures idiomatic, colloquial, spoken, and written language in both Italian and English.
By incorporating phrasefinders and cultural information, the dictionary serves both as an authoritative work of reference and as a dynamic passport of both cultures. You'll find quick-reference verb tables, grammar notes and vocabulary lists including specialized EU terminology, as well as lively and interesting cultural notes give an insight into life in Italy.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 8.2.2
* Optimised for iOS 10!
* New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
* Integrated audio pronunciations for both English and Italian
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
I have had this app for years. Lately, it will not let me look up a word unless I go through a screen that lets me either give the app 5 stars or rate later. I tried to go through app support, but the process is unbelievably complicated. I am totally fed up.
It is now November 26 and all three dictionaries are still blocking my looking up a word with this screen that tries to force me to rate this app 5 stars. This app does not have a working link for the app to the developer website and a generic inquiry requires inputting all sorts of personal information.
It was an expensive app when I bought it and I am now launching a formal complaint with the App Store.
Great Italian English dictionary!
I use this Dictionary all the time – it is the first one I go to (I have several on my iPhone) it can be used off-line. I dropped my rating to 4 stars because Tapping on any link in the dictionary does not work. For example to go to the verb list to see how a verb is conjugated no longer works. I tried to give feedback but was not successful. However it is still my first choice for an Italian English dictionary. It includes good examples and thorough explanations.
The best Italian dictionary for the money
I use this all the time and really love it. Doesn't always have the latest buzzwords but is surprisingly complete even for colloquial expressions. The addition of the audio pronunciation will be helpful for non speakers. I don't even use my print dictionaries any more because this is better and way more convenient.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 17, 2016
- Version: 8.2.2
- Size: 84.7 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2016 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.