Oxford Russian Dictionary, 4th Edition
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This Fourth Edition of the Oxford Russian Dictionary is an invaluable text for any serious student of Russian, or any Russian native speaker learning English.
* Over 500,000 words, phrases and translations
* Includes hundreds of new words, in both Russian and English
* Extensive treatment of Russian declension and conjugations
* Cultural notes elucidate aspects of Russian life
* Detailed coverage of the latest vocabulary in Russian and English, including business, specialist, and computing terminology
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS:
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 8.1.3
* Performance improvements
* Bug fixes
Total garbage. The free apps are better.
Given all the shortcomings and issues that were present in the previous version as it stood, you decided to put them on the back burner and concentrate on an ugly UI update! Super smart. How about you work on bringing back the declension tables, audio pronunciation, and verb conjugations that used to make this app worth any money. This is so overpriced it’s sickening. This is especially true considering how great it used to be just a few years ago until you all destroyed it.
Thanks for nothing.
Shame on Oxford
How despicably, shamelessly awful this once-great app has become is easily demonstrated by the fact that I've been compelled to keep one of my iOS devices forever in iOS 7.1 just so it can run the proper earlier version of the dictionary done by Paragon software. This version is an utter embarrassment: extremely slow, glitchy, and with only a small fraction of the features that were once available. Until this is resolved, I will be boycotting all OUP books and products.
Lack of content and terrible price
This version is missing all the word usage examples, all the audio pronunciations, and even the simplistic flash card feature from the prior version. I upgraded hoping for improvements, and wound up with over 90% of the old content missing.
At this price, it's an outrageous ripoff.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 28, 2015
- Version: 8.1.3
- Size: 63.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2015 MobiSystems, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.