Oysters – The Great British Oyster Tasting Guide
By Shellfish Association of Great Britain
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Eating raw oysters is a uniquely invigorating experience. No other food conjures up a taste sensation as strongly as an oyster: the essence of the sea in edible form.
However, there are large differences among oysters with regard to taste, body and nose; the environmental conditions have a significant impact on flavours. Tastes can range from some salty to floral, some have fruity notes, mineral flavour or even hints of spice. Even oysters from the same estuary can vary in flavour depending upon exactly where they are grown.
This app is like having an oyster expert in your pocket.
* The app will tell you the flavour, saltiness, sweetness and umami of 27 UK oysters enabling you to choose your favourite ones. Ideal when you have a choice of oysters available.
* You can also select your taste preferences and the app will identify the best oysters for you.
* The app also ranks UK oysters according to flavour, saltiness, sweetness and umami – essential when cooking with oysters
* You will also have the contact details of the oyster producers allowing you to order your favourite oysters direct from the sea
- Category: Food & Drink
- Released: Aug 26, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shellfish Association of Great Britain
- © 2011 Shellfish Association of Great Britain. Rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.