Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.0
• Real-time collaboration (feature in beta)
- Edit a document with others at the same time in Pages on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iCloud.com
- Share your document publicly or with specific people
- See who else is in a document
- See participants’ cursors as they’re editing
• A new format pane takes advantage of the display on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro
• Improved downloading – Pages now downloads documents from iCloud only when you’re ready to work on them
• Open and edit Pages ’05 documents
• Wide color gamut image support
• Enhanced keyboard navigation and additional keyboard shortcuts
I use this app for basic writing and for the most part I haven't lost lost random data. However, I still get an annoying problem when writing with pages. Every time I find an error and edit a word, it always capitalizes that words regaurdless where the word is located at in the sentence. It's not an easy think to fix either. YOu can't simply delete the word and re-write it. That doesn't stop it from capitalizing the word. I can SOME times fix it if I add the word to the one in front of it and manipulate it into thinking it's a part of that work. It doesn't always fix it because sometimes it still capitalizes that first letter even if it's in the middle of the word. Note though, I use a Logtech keyboard when writing and MIGHT contribute to this problem.
Well, the app has gotten progressively better. Much better in fact but WTH! Still clunky and terrible at downloading. Terrible! And if you have any large amount of documents in the application it stutters terribly. I assume this is the reason that Apple now only downloads the documents when you need them, BUT AT LEAST MAKE THE DOWNLOADING FLAWLESS THEN. It's a pity, I like the app, I use it a lot. Just frustrated as it could be sooooo much better. This stuttery nonesense is not becoming of Apple.
My frustration has hit an all time high. This is the worst piece of software ever released on the App Store let alone by Apple. What makes me so mad is that so many of my documents are stuck in this application that has now become unusable. This is the worst piece of trash!
I have updated and it is still buggy and crashing
Since the 8.1 update it is completely unusable. COMPLETELY UNUSABLE!!!
Can't type. Documents take forever to load. Then everything crashes. If you have to leave the document and then come back to it, the whole process of waiting and trying to get a document to load stars again.
WORST SHOW EVER APPLE.
Wow! It's a disaster after the update. I am using an iPad Air and Pages is sooooo slow now. Unusable
Some good, some bad
Generally speaking I like Pages. I have it on my MBP, iPad and iPhone. It's easy to work with for the most part. What I don't like is that I can't re-lock a document on iPad, or my phone, after I unlock it. Certain documents that I want access to on all my devices I can only lock on my MBP. Security is a big thing with me! If there was a way to secure documents on my phone and iPad other than locking both devices it would easily rate 5 stars with me. It's pretty near perfect on the MBP for my purposes. Since iOS 10 was released and I downloaded it Pages locks up every time I try to use it. It has become totally unusable for me. When it's fixed I'll give it another review, but until then it's definitely 1 star and should be no stars.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 430 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.