Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert iLife photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 5.5.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
NO MAIL MERGE FUNCTIONALITY AND NO SHEET OF LABELS
DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU NEED MAIL MERGE FUNCTIONALITY. There is no mail merge. If it exists, it is very well hidden. I have been through support documentation, and there appears to be no way to create a document of envelopes or mailing labels from a spreadsheet. Same for creating a catalog document from a spreadsheet of items. This is something I do frequently, and I need this functionality. If you are a current MS Word user and need this feature, be aware that you will not have what you need with Pages.
Update: Apparently one cannot create mailing labels, either. I would like to create a sheet of lables with my business logo and return address. This is not possible AT ALL from Pages. It appears that the only way to do this is with the Contacts App, which is an awkward work around at best and apprears to create a text only label (I see no way to insert a graphic, must only use the data in the contacts app).
Apple: Please make this a reasonable product for those of us who need more than a basic text editor. I don’t edit documents on my phone, have never even opened pages on my phone, don’t ever plan to edit a document on my phone. If I want to edit a document away from my office, I will use my laptop wtih a fully functioning piece of software installed. Why not limit the features accessible on the mobile versions instead of making a desktop product that does not begin to meet basic business needs?
After a lifetime with Microsoft Word, when I retired from my most recent job I wanted an MS-free laptop. I found Pages and initially, it seemed like it was enough to suit my needs. When I starting picking up consulting jobs, however, I found I needed something more sophisticated and considered how I would peacefully co-exist with the Word juggernaught without compromising my decision to keep the program off my Macbook. I considered Office 365 with severe trepidation - especially after hearing the plight of other Mac users who felt forced down a similar path. Fortunately, Pages has been evolving and I can export to Word, pdf and others when I need to collaborate with folks using those programs. It retains some simplicity and has had it’s hurdles along the way but what program hasn’t? The learning curve was similar to my experience with many of the Apple products - confusingly simple compared to what I was used to, but as I went along, much of it turned out to make a lot more sense.
Pages is amazing
I read all of the reviews lambasting Pages. I also just installed Yosemite. I bought Pages because I thought that even if it had issues, Apple would get it right. I do a lot of business writing in the office on a PC with Word and Excel. I can’t believe the versatility of pages. The simplicity of the interface is amazing, given the horsepower in the package. I don’t know how all of these people had such issues with Pages. It works flawlessly. My only issue is that I don’t know if it will do a mail merge. The directory merge feature in MS Word will turn a spreadsheet into a catalog. I’d miss that. I’d also like to be able to make a sheet of Avery standard labels. Other than that, I’d suggest that if you’re running Yosemite, invest the $20.
PS: One of the reviews said that the spell checker doesn’t highlight and it just replaces. Not correct.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 5.5.2
- Size: 295 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later