Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert iLife photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 5.5.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Good, but it has issues
Pages does most of the things I ask of it easily, efficiently and, most importantly, without glitches. I can select fonts and font sizes, format a document and generally do the things I need to do. Adding photos is nice and easy easy, and putting in one or two pictures won’t mess up the formatting of the whole document. Once I’m finished creating a document, I can easily select where I want it to be on my computer. When it comes to adding tables, however, it really goes bad. Tables in Pages are clunky at best and nightmarish at worst. Adding rows and columns is a pain, and using the arrow keys to navigate a table is quite clumsy. I’d prefer to simply use the arrow keys to select a new cell to write in, rather than having to take my hands off the keyboard to do it with the mouse. The worst issue with tables is deleting them. The Apple support website says that all I have to do is click the little round button at the top-left of a table and select “Delete.” Not so. Seemingly the only function that button will allow me to perform is moving the table, which means that I can’t delete the table at all. The only time I have actually managed to delete a table in 5.5.2 is when I accidentally hit some keyboard combination that got rid of it. Please fix these issues, Apple, or I will be forced to move to another platform that does a better job of integrating tables, and likely other things too.
NO MAIL MERGE FUNCTIONALITY AND NO SHEET OF LABELS
DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU NEED MAIL MERGE FUNCTIONALITY. There is no mail merge. If it exists, it is very well hidden. I have been through support documentation, and there appears to be no way to create a document of envelopes or mailing labels from a spreadsheet. Same for creating a catalog document from a spreadsheet of items. This is something I do frequently, and I need this functionality. If you are a current MS Word user and need this feature, be aware that you will not have what you need with Pages.
Update: Apparently one cannot create mailing labels, either. I would like to create a sheet of lables with my business logo and return address. This is not possible AT ALL from Pages. It appears that the only way to do this is with the Contacts App, which is an awkward work around at best and apprears to create a text only label (I see no way to insert a graphic, must only use the data in the contacts app).
Apple: Please make this a reasonable product for those of us who need more than a basic text editor. I don’t edit documents on my phone, have never even opened pages on my phone, don’t ever plan to edit a document on my phone. If I want to edit a document away from my office, I will use my laptop wtih a fully functioning piece of software installed. Why not limit the features accessible on the mobile versions instead of making a desktop product that does not begin to meet basic business needs?
Creates Beautiful Content - But Not For Heavy Lifting
Pages creates, in my opinion, content that looks a step up from the others out there. Being able to jump from iPhone, to the iPad, to MacBook, and back, is really quite delightful. I make great use of iCloud as well, this include making iCloud folders to store common image and media assets, that I can access directly from inside Pages (and other iWork apps).
Unfortunately, it just doesn’t do some of the heavy stuff, such as: highlighting, mail merge, selecting multiple sections of text or images (such as what you can do in Word by holding down the CTRL key), and various other work flows. Some of those drawbacks can be performed with awkward workarounds, but is not friendly. It’s a difficult balance of simplicity and functionality.
In the end, documents I produce with Pages, look very modern and pleasant to the eye, compared to Word’s grey and stoic look and feel. I usually know exactly what I’m going to need for my new content, choosing the best editor for those needs. That choice will almost always be Pages. If I think I’m going to need more technical performance, I’ll stick with my Microsoft environment (Word on OS X is a bit of a mix between Pages and Word for Windows, which is just a mess and waste of time).
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 5.5.2
- Size: 295 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later