Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Word documents would not open
• Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented use of Look Up for words in lists
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Split View in El Capitan
• Open Pages ’08 and ’06 documents
• Shared Pages documents can now be previewed on iOS and Android browsers
• Force click images and get haptic feedback as you edit using Force Touch trackpad
• New Apple-designed templates: ePub, Kids Certificate, Classic Certificate, School Newsletter
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Enhanced support for OpenType font features like small caps, contextual fractions, alternate glyphs, and more
• View Collections, Moments, Favorites, and Shared Albums from Photos in the Media Browser
• Add reference lines to charts
• Create table, chart, and shape styles from an image
• Add and review comments with VoiceOver
• Track changes with VoiceOver
• Edit chart data and chart elements with VoiceOver
“Good”, but not great
I am a college student and I constantly use my MacBook to take notes in class. I also have Microsoft Word 2011 installed in addition to Apple’s Pages. I tried to use both, but unfortunately Microsoft Word reigns far supreme when it comes to taking notes. I have found major difficulties using the tab key to create indents and I must resort to using my trackpad to make adjustments when it comes to spacing and indenting. When using Microsoft Word, I hate to say this as this doesn’t usually apply to Microsoft products, but it was far more intuitive for taking notes. I love Pages, and it certainly is the best for creating beautiful, artful documents like the ones featured in the screenshots provided on the Mac App Store, but for everyday use, especially nottaking use, Pages is far too complex and time consuming for someone who wants to jot things down fast and make them look nice for later.
Word is awful for artwork, though. Alignment guides are over-stressed in Microsoft’s word processor, and Pages makes working with images and styled text much easier. I would definitely recommend Pages for certain uses, and Word for others.
Could be more inclusive
I use this app daily for writing down notes, making lists, research, and starting my first novel. I wish this app were more functionally similar and as expansive as MS in terms of themes, layout options, and font choices. I understand that Apple wanted to create a word making app independent of MS, and for the most part they succeeded, but for users looking to create specific documents or projects that could easily be found in MS or Excel, they may be disappointed in Pages.
I understand that this is a free app so users shouldn’t be comparing it to a program that costs $40 and up, but this is Apple, not Samsung or Nextel, and customers expect a certain level of ‘Wow’ when they use this company’s products and it isn’t as though what they have in Pages isn’t useful, but it isn’t very user-friendly compared to similar programs like MS and Excel.
Rating as a College Student + 1 (APA) Complaint
This program has all the features I need (minus the complaint). I’m just speaking for myself when I say this. I write APA papers, MLA papers, etc. Pages have been my main word processor for my past 4 years in College.
I love the fresh, simple UI and the online collaborative tools and sync with iCloud are pretty convenient. I use this app consistently on a weekly (almost daily) basis. It works for ME. The split view is a welcomed feature that I will use a lot with this app!
- you took away a pretty intuitive feature that is necessary for APA format papers… It’s the feature to start a new header that is different from the headers on the previous page. All it took was a hover and a click on the header, now you have to dig deep in the settings and then some while praying it works. You had this intuitive feature in the previous to last update too (Pages 5.5), so I don’t know why it’s not on this one… Hopefully, you bring it back and bring this feature to iCloud on the web as well… and soon! The only thing saving me is an APA template I made using those features in the last update
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 11, 2015
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later