Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Word documents would not open
• Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented use of Look Up for words in lists
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Split View in El Capitan
• Open Pages ’08 and ’06 documents
• Shared Pages documents can now be previewed on iOS and Android browsers
• Force click images and get haptic feedback as you edit using Force Touch trackpad
• New Apple-designed templates: ePub, Kids Certificate, Classic Certificate, School Newsletter
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Enhanced support for OpenType font features like small caps, contextual fractions, alternate glyphs, and more
• View Collections, Moments, Favorites, and Shared Albums from Photos in the Media Browser
• Add reference lines to charts
• Create table, chart, and shape styles from an image
• Add and review comments with VoiceOver
• Track changes with VoiceOver
• Edit chart data and chart elements with VoiceOver
Nice app, but too few features
Pages 5 is a nice enough application, but Pages 4 was much, MUCH better. The following features were in Pages 4, but inexplicably removed in Pages 5:
Accented Characters in Footer
Background Object selectable
Bookmarks and Links
Bullet points in comments
Character Styles (?)
Default Start Up page
Drag and Drop VCards
Drag reorganize pages
Export to Rich Text
Find & Replace special characters (e.g. paragraph returns)
Images within Tables
Insert File Name
List Styles (?)
Mask with shapes other than rectangle
Mathtype/Grapher Equations/Formulae within Pages
Media Inspector links to Aperture Library
Media Inspector links to iPhoto library on external drive
Multiple Comments view
Open Type features
Paste and keep style
Retain zoom level of document
Search in Media Browser
Select all instances of a Style
Select non-contiguous text
Selective formatting in Character Styles
Style Function key shortcuts
T.O.C. clean numbering
Tables in Headers/Footers
Tables to Text
Text to Tables
User Guide (?)
Word (.DOCX) export to iCloud
It does what it does well, but why oh why doesn’t it do what it used to?
Rating as a College Student + 1 (APA) Complaint
This program has all the features I need (minus the complaint). I’m just speaking for myself when I say this. I write APA papers, MLA papers, etc. Pages have been my main word processor for my past 4 years in College.
I love the fresh, simple UI and the online collaborative tools and sync with iCloud are pretty convenient. I use this app consistently on a weekly (almost daily) basis. It works for ME. The split view is a welcomed feature that I will use a lot with this app!
- you took away a pretty intuitive feature that is necessary for APA format papers… It’s the feature to start a new header that is different from the headers on the previous page. All it took was a hover and a click on the header, now you have to dig deep in the settings and then some while praying it works. You had this intuitive feature in the previous to last update too (Pages 5.5), so I don’t know why it’s not on this one… Hopefully, you bring it back and bring this feature to iCloud on the web as well… and soon! The only thing saving me is an APA template I made using those features in the last update
Solid But Missing Key Features
Unlike many who are unhappy, this is the first time I’ve used Pages in over seven years. I’ve found it to be stable and easy to use. Commenting and change tracking work as expected, and I like the styling and animation effects for this. I’ve had no problem moving some MS Word documents back and forth. Text display and printing is good with excellent spacing between words when using the fully justification option. Very nice. It was easy to make a template and it works well on my iPad too.
I am a professional writer, and Pages has become part of my workflow, supplanting Word for change tracking during the final stages of a project.
*My* one complaint is this: It lacks the ability to do “mirrored” or “facing” pages. Apple, please add this feature soon!
And there is a minor glitch where Word for Mac thinks the document I export from Pages isn’t in English. That’s easily solved by hitting Command+A then selecting the language as English. No one else seems to be having the problem, so maybe it’s my machine or Word being finnicky.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 11, 2015
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later