Paintstorm Studio is the first iOS App designed not only for simple sketches, but professional digital painting of any level, genre and technique. Paintstorm helps you to discover the magnificence and unleash the full potential of Apple Pencil and brings you to a whole new level of drawing. Creating an art masterpiece has never been so mobile.
A major feature of Paintstorm Studio is the array of brushes to choose from. We did our best so that you can easily and quickly adjust the brushes suitable to your painting style.
Anyone who has ever painted knows it's hard to overestimate the painting tool and the importance of all the seemingly insignificant details. We tried not to miss any of them. Our goal was to create an intuitive, simple-to-use but at the same time functionally powerful tool that brings the process of digital painting to a new level, making it as comfortable as possible.
- Full control of all brush options (Incredible possibilities for brush settings)
- Bristle brushes of any form and kind
- Stroke post correction (You can take an action on any option. Not only on the stroke thickness)
- Parameters binding to the perspective
- Dynamic interface (Global interface scale, panels scale, opacity, color)
- Custom panels
- Full controlled mask-brush (Each brush can work as mask for other brush)
- Takes underlayer's color while blending
- "Close gaps" function when you fill or select
- Dirty brush mode
- Stroke stabilizer
- Usable color mixer
- Different gradient strokes
- Mirror drawing
- Standart tools pack (Lasso, Magic wand, Crop, Fill, Gradient and etc)
- Control of the random amounts
- Photoshop PSD and ABR supported
- Apple Pencil support (Pressure, Tilt, Direction)
- You can now import the colored textures. By the way, the textures do not have to be square anymore
- You can choose several textures at once that are going to change after each new brush stroke
- The "Fill tool" improved. You can switch to Pattern mode for shading. Color mode and Opacity properties added as well
- New "Convert Luma to alpha-channel" filter added
- "Flip horizontally“ button added to the editing of graphs
- If you hold the hotkey for more than a second, then releasing it will now return to the previous tool
- Some minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
An Underrated Gem
While I found myself disappointed in Procreates lack of features, this app was WELL worth the heftier price tag for me. Paintstorm was actually the first desktop art app ive purchased in many years, after happily using open source software, and i was delighted to see it, essentially in FULL, on the ipad pro. Paintstorm has one of the best brush engines I’ve ever used. Its the closest to Sai in its blending and stroke correction ive felt, personally. It also has a fantastic little hotkey menu down in the bottom left that I use constantly to resize my brush on the fly and switch between brush and eraser all without moving my pencil from the canvas. I do wish that it had more saving and export options, and the ability to import an image as a layer to make adding textures easier, and the ability to import textures for brushes from the camera roll. But these are all things I can happily deal with. Paintstorm strikes the balance I wanted. Enough features for serious painting, start to finish, a great brush engine, and a highly customizable interface. If youre used to drawing in full desktop apps and want that experience on your iPad, i highly recommend this app.
💥✋👍HUGE bug FIXED! Back to Amazing!
Thank you development team. Your prompt 1/17 update fixed critical bug for resizing brushes! Back-in-business and to being my favorite app ... the best mobile painting app!
******************** HUGE bug makes it nearly impossible to use with ipencil as it appears impossible to use apple stylus AND default brush resize button. What I did do: Disabled all multiple gestures and shortcuts in iOS and PS. Tried both the Lite and the Paid version. It works as designed if I disable stylus and use fingers. I also tried changing the new features for behavior options of the resize button to no avail. I’m frustrated spending hours of limited debug. The one star rating is to raise awareness since bug overlooked in reporting tool. Of course this pains me since this is my favorite app! *Found temp unpractical work-around by turning on + & - UI brush resize toggle buttons. iPad Pro 2, 512 and iOS 11.
One of the best of all time
Paintstorm is one of the greatest illustration and painting softwares of all time. It has brought forth major evolution and new invention. This should not be compared to photoshop for it has an engine nothing like photoshop. Photoshop cannot achieve what this software does. Totally different engine and a totally new kind of user interface.
When the iPad Pro has the power to push this software it will be be fully there. The software does need performance enhancements for current hardware. It needs to use less ram, and it needs to be able to do all the needed working sizes for print at 300 dpi. It almost does now, but it doesn’t do it fully yet.
One Paintstorm can achieve full speed brush performance up to 500 pixels it will be a done deal. Though, with the right tweaks you can push things decent enough right now. It’s still not enough though. It will be there one day though.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.