By Rick Maddy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Palettes is a powerful productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Great for creating color schemes. Now you can create a color palette anywhere at anytime. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes. You may create and store any number of palettes.
This application runs at one of three levels: Free, Basic, and Pro. The initial free version runs at the Pro level for a limited time allowing you to fully test the application. It will then revert back to the Free level. Use the included in-application purchasing to upgrade to either the Basic or Pro level at any time.
Key features include:
• Single universal application works on all your iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
• Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme.
• Unlimited number of palettes (Free only supports 3).
• 25 colors per palette (Free and Basic allows 5).
• Undo/Redo support.
• Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, and OS X Color Chooser. (Pro)
• Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import. (Pro)
• Backup and restore your Palettes data directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP servers. (Basic, Pro)
• Import and export palette files directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, FTP servers, or another app. (Pro)
• Email color palettes to friends and co-workers. (Pro adds more options)
• Pick colors from:
• RGB, HSV (HSB), HSL, CMYK, or Gray scale sliders
• Standard colors lists (SVG, Web Safe, HTML, Java, Apple) or other palettes.
• A website URL (webpage, image, CSS file, 3rd party palette file (Pro)).
• An image or camera.
• Any valid CSS3 color representation.
• Create colors via:
• Color blending (Pro adds using 1 of 4 color models).
• Color schemes (monochromatic (Pro), analogous, triadic, complementary (Pro), split complementary (Pro)).
• Review color information:
• Details (integer, hex, percent, decimal, CSS).
• As both a foreground and background color.
• "Palette Flow" (not on iPad)
• Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly).
• Palette preview screen.
• Backup a palette as an image in your photo library for later restore.
• Rename, reorder, or delete palettes.
• Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model.
• All work is saved as you go.
• Always remembers where you left off last.
• Built in context sensitive help system.
• Preferences can be set from within the application. (Basic, Pro)
• Excellent customer support.
Palettes can be used to create color palettes for:
• Web site design
• Marketing campaigns
• Home decorating
• Color coordinating
• Anywhere colors are needed - just use your imagination
Please visit http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/palettes to see a more complete set of screen shots and additional information on the features of "Palettes". The website includes contact information for leaving feedback, asking questions, or reporting any issues.
NOTE: Pantone has stated that they will not license their colors to any other iPhone applications so Palettes will not be able to support Pantone colors unless they change their mind.
NOTE: Known limitation - this version is unable to import binary OS X palette files (.clr) from ~/Library/Colors.
NOTE: Screenshots are after upgrading to the Pro level.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
• Fixes issues restoring purchases
• Fixes a possibly missing + icon for adding palettes.
Very Useful and well made
Just found this app because I needed a way to organize colors and figure out some palettes. This app is great! It had all the convenience features I wanted and is very intuitive and easy to use. The only feature I would add is maybe a few more options to display the palettes and palette colors so that I can compare the palettes to each other better and also get a better view of the colors in a single palette. I wish the preview would let me view more than colors.
No instructions! A little help would be great!
I really wanted a "digital color wheel" where I could arrange my favorite color schemes and have them always available to experiment with and do layouts.
I can tell this app does a LOT~~great! But, HOW does it work? How can I use it in the best way I personally need?
There are absolutely no instructions or info to help one navigate through this obviously very thorough but complicated app.
A little help would be great-- not everyone is well versed in all the technicalities of color production. I really expected this to be more of a teaching app.
Thanks to the developer for the very fast response and IAP fix.
This is a valuable app for any artist, photographer or designer, amateur or pro.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 01, 2014
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Maddy
- © 2008-2014 Rick Maddy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade Palettes Free to Palettes Pro$3.99
- Upgrade Palettes Free to Palettes Basic$1.99
- Upgrade Palettes Basic to Palettes Pro$1.99