Palettes Pro is a powerful productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Great for creating color schemes. Now you can create a color palette anywhere at anytime. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes. You may create and store any number of palettes.
NOTE: New users may wish to download the free version of Palettes. That version can be upgraded to a Basic level or this Pro level directly from within the application.
Key features include:
• Single universal application works on all your iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
• Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme.
• Unlimited number of palettes.
• 25 colors per palette.
• Undo/Redo support.
• Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, Procreate, and OS X Color Chooser.
• Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import.
• Backup and restore your Palettes data directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP servers.
• Import and export palette files directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, FTP servers, or another app.
• Email color palettes to friends and co-workers.
• Pick colors from:
• RGB, HSV (HSB), HSL, CMYK, or Gray scale sliders
• Standard colors lists (SVG, Web Safe, HTML, Java, Apple) or other palettes.
• A website URL (webpage, image, CSS file, 3rd party palette file).
• An image or camera.
• Any valid CSS3 color representation.
• Create colors via:
• Color blending using 1 of 4 color models.
• Color schemes (monochromatic, analogous, triadic, complementary, split complementary).
• Review color information:
• Details (integer, hex, percent, decimal, CSS).
• As both a foreground and background color.
• "Palette Flow" (not on iPad)
• Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly).
• Palette preview screen.
• Backup a palette as an image in your photo library for later restore.
• Rename, reorder, or delete palettes.
• Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model.
• All work is saved as you go.
• Always remembers where you left off last.
• Built in context sensitive help system.
• Preferences can be set from within the application.
• Excellent customer support.
Palettes can be used to create color palettes for:
• Web site design
• Marketing campaigns
• Home decorating
• Color coordinating
• Anywhere colors are needed - just use your imagination
Please visit http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/palettes to see a more complete set of screen shots and additional information on the features of "Palettes". The website includes contact information for leaving feedback, asking questions, or reporting any issues.
NOTE: Known limitation - this version is unable to import binary OS X palette files (.clr) from ~/Library/Colors.
Support for the new iPhone X models.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a game changer. I use a digital planner in GoodNotes. This allows me to pick colors for my “pen” to match my stickers. And added bonus, I can export the colors as Procreate swatches!
What a GREAT application
I've tried a lot of apps from this category (free and paid), and couldn't find anything I liked until this app. Interface and functionality are superb. The whole reason I've been looking for a nice app with a lot of functionality (way more than I'll ever need) is that I'm colorblind and I like to draw/paint as a hobby using my touchpad, and this application helps me a great deal to identify, mix, create standard and custom colors/palettes. Honestly for < $10, you can't beat it. Try the free version (Palettes) and upgrade (buy) to the paid version if you like it. A lot of car dealerships don't let you drive the Porsche off the lot unless you are really serious about buying it, well this dealership does let you drive it lets you break all the laws (for a limited time) while you are driving it. You then have the option to keep it as a Porsche (Pro version), downgrade it to a Volkswagen Beetle (Basic version), or downgrade it to a Bicycle (Free version). It's up to you. Honestly the Porsche is what I'm driving and it meets (and goes beyond) all the needs I have or will have. Enjoy the ride in whatever vehicle you select. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Innovative color combination app
I particularly like several features of this app: (1) the ability to design multiple named color palettes allows you to experiment with different schemes for each situation, mixing and matching. (2) the ability to not only do triadic, complementary, etc., but to do your own custom intermediate blends. (3) the way the color edit slider bars show you (with color gradients above the pointer) just how the color will change as you make adjustments. (4) nicely integrated help system with hyperlinks. The developer is also very responsive to ideas for suggested and improved features. I asked for a full screen color preview mode and Rick added it on the next revision. (Hold your finger down on a palette color for 2 seconds and it will come up full screen.)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.