Panels is the best CBR/CBZ/PDF comic reader for your iPhone and iPad devices. Enjoy reading your comics in a clean and delightful interface.
- Support for most common comic types: CBR, CBZ and PDF
- Dropbox, Google Drive and iCloud support for importing your comics without leaving the app
- Synchronise your progress: sign in with google to share your reading progress across all your devices
- Collections: organize your comic library by easily grouping your comics
- Day and Night modes
- Continuous reading mode: fit the page using double tap, and just tap to advance
- Reverse mode (manga): read any type of comic with Panels
Comics can be imported using Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, iTunes, receive or send them via Airdrop, or importing them from other apps using drag and drop.
- Fixed a crash when presenting the Inbox for the first time
We've added new nice feature:
- Panels now remember the last reading mode you used
And fixed some annoying bugs:
- Fixed a crash when using some of the new reading modes.
- Double tap to zoom works even if you double tap on the edges, instead of navigating to the next/previous page.
- Fixed an error when showing the pages menu from the vertical scroll reader while it was zoomed in.
- Fixed a copy when opening a Premium reading modes.
- Fixed the used space graph in settings. Also improved the performance in calculating the data, making the scroll smoother.
- Fixed a bug causing the keyboard to appear misplaced on the screen when creating a collection while importing files from iCloud Drive.
- Fixed a crash when opening titles with right-to-left reading
We've been working really hard to bring you new and better ways for reading comics.
This new release includes four different reading modes for Premium users:
- Default: page by page navigation (same as before) (Available for everyone)
- Panels view: panel by panel navigation (work in progress) (Premium)
- Fit to width: page by page navigation adapted to the screen width (Premium)
- Vertical scroll: pages will adapt to the whole width of the screen and will be presented vertically with free scrolling. (Premium)
Additionally, we've improved the performance of all readers for a smooth reading even on older devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Panel View is a KILLER feature for phone size reading...
Pinch-and-drag to navigate comic pages has been the bane of mobile reading for a long time. In fact, I remember when it was big news that The Bone series had been reformatted to panel by panel format and released as an iPhone app.
Panel View accomplished the same thing algorithmically—and it works. Tap to move from one panel to the next, and fit the whole screen with that panel. It’s not the same as reading on an iPad or other large format, but it’s worth the trade off compared to all the options I was aware of previously.
Besides this, Panels is beautifully designed and (most importantly) actively developed. It’s not perfect yet (notably, it could do a better job of matching metadata and automatically sorting comics into groups), but it’s on the way.
Love this app wish it had double tap to zoom though
I would like to say that this is the best looking comic book reader on the iPhone hands down. Everything about it is beautiful. The navigation is extremely well done, and it doesn’t add a bunch of stuff that gets in the way of reading. After two days of usage I bought the ad-free version because I loved it so much.
If I had one criticism of the app it would be that I would also like to have double tap to zoom option either in the settings that you can turn on or, just on by default. Other than that, this app is perfect for my needs.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review. It means a lot to us to receive such nice comments.
Regarding the double tap to zoom feature, it is in our roadmap to give you an option for choosing between different reading modes. It won’t be included in the next version, but it will come in the near future.
In addition, we also have a community forum (access it within the app settings) where we discuss features with our users and show what is coming in future versions. We would love to see you there.
Thank you again.
Amazing comic reader, BUT
I've been using a lot of comic readers for my phone and I believe panels is the best one out of all them. Why? Because of how simple and sleek the design is and how smooth the app runs. Very easy to import my files from google drive and I haven't encountered any problems this far. However my only complaint has to be that I wish there was a feature where we could double tap to zoom. I find this feature to be a necessity whenever I want to really get into fine details. And finally PLEASE PLEASE add a feature where we can read comics from top to bottom. Other than that AMAZING app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your nice comments, we really appreciate them.
We will add this feature in the near future. On the meantime, have your tried Panels’ zoom control? You can use 1 finger longpress to zoom in and, without lifting your finger up, move it around. It is great for reading on iPhone.
- Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- 147.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $4.99
- Small Tip $4.99
- Large Tip $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.