Paprika Recipe Manager - Get your recipes organized!
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
"However, the Paprika Recipe Manager app for the iPad is all about managing your own recipes. And, it does this brilliantly." - Appadvice.com
"With Paprika, I can browse recipe sites to my heart’s content and download them with the touch of a button. This is simply magical." - Macgasm.net
"The bottom line is, if you cook often and need to sort through recipes quickly and efficiently (not to mention generate shopping lists on the fly), Paprika is a terrific app and well worth the price." - 148apps.com
What's New in Version 2.1.6
- Fixed a memory leak when syncing.
Worth it. Totally worth it.
First, you should I know I endeavor to live by Penzey's motto: Love People. Cook them tasty food.
I rarely purchase apps (free is good!) & I very rarely write reviews. But after using Paprika for several months, I felt like a schmuck not telling folks how great it is. Full disclosure: I have it on my iPhone, iPad & laptop. It is seamlessly integrated btwn all platforms. No glitches or hang-ups. It quickly, efficiently recognizes recipes from websites you're browsing & asks if it can pull them in. When it does pull them in, it does so with a high rate of accuracy. I only edit when there's a change I've chosen to make after preparing the recipe a couple times. I travel a lot for work & I meet a lot of people. I often tell them about great recipes I've found; I love that I can share this joy w/ them right there on the spot, straight from Paprika on my phone. Also, if my husband & I are with friends & we decide to make a quick dinner, I can pull up a tried & true recipe & get started straight away. Lots more I could say, but if you're considering this app for your devices, please know, it's well worth it.
NB: One way I'm getting better organized is that I'm only adding recipes to Paprika that I've made or personally eaten. I'm not using it for recipes I hope to try someday. Hope that helps!
Simply the best
There is a lot of competition in the recipe app space, and all of it is cheaper than Paprika. However, none of them were able to do what this app did for my family. It made recipe discovery, organization, and utilization so simple and fun that it actually helped me begin to love cooking. I went from frozen dinner king to chef extraordinaire, and I can't wait to plan the weekly meals every Saturday. People actually ask me for my recipes now! I didn't create any of them, of course, but it's impressive for me nonetheless.
There are imperfections in the app, of course. For instance, the shopping list feature could use smarter consolidation when pulling from ingredient lists. It is also difficult to find the conversion feature, and scaling recipes only changes the ingredients list, not the quantities in the directions. Having used the app everyday for the last half year, I could probably rattle off little things like these, and feature requests, all day long.
However, these little quibbles are a result of my loving the app so much that I live in it for hours a week. If it wasn't so great, I wouldn't have even become familiar with the quirks. The other apps couldn't do that for me. This is the best and I recommend it to everyone I talk to about food. The magic is worth every penny.
Just the right spice
Paprika is just the right spice.
The Paprika recipe manager is a terrific application. I love being able to maintain recipes on a PC with a keyboard, but then use my iPad in the kitchen to read them. I like that Paprika automatically prevents the iPad from turning off the display; I hate it when the screen-saver cuts in and my hands are messy from cooking and I don't want to touch the screen to reactivate it. I have noted some instabilities with Paprika's built-in browser on some lesser-known recipe sites, but generally, the browser works pretty well on the mainstream sites. I would like to see one new feature added, and that is for Paprika to keep track of the last time a recipe was used and allow recipes to be filtered or searched upon that field (or even better, a full history of usage to determine how "popular" the recipe is); it really doesn't matter to me when the recipe was entered into the system, so the "Most Recent" category would be better served keying on the date of usage of the recipe. Making it so that recipes could be printed in recipe card format would be a nice feature for sharing with others, but that isn't really very important for me.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 25, 2015
- Version: 2.1.6
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2014 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.