By High Tea IT Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Become fluent in a new language. Read a book in your new tongue while having a parallel copy in your native language handy for reference. Now thanks to Parallel Books, this technique is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Translations will automatically stay in sync, leaving you free to be immersed in the words on the page. Reading a book in two different languages at the same time has never been easier!
- Designed for people learning a new language.
- Displays a book simultaneously in two different languages.
- Translations stay in sync as you read.
- Stretchy, “chewing gum" overlay visually connects parallel content.
- Chewing gum overlay can be hidden.
- Translations can be displayed in two columns on the screen, or each translation can fill an entire screen.
- Continuously scrolls or pages through content without needing to change mode.
- Tapping on a paragraph shows the translation of that paragraph.
- Double tapping hides tool bars, giving more space.
- Multicolored highlights and searchable notes can be added.
- Includes day and night themes.
- Currently books are available in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Korean, Chinese, Arabic plus more.
- Some books include multiple translations in the same language; ideal for literature and translation students.
- Parallel Books is in development for other platforms.
- New books are being added all the time.
- All books are currently FREE.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- Various bug fixes (recommend for all users).
- Added additional and redesigned flags.
- Added chapter forward button.
- Separated fiction and non-fiction in book listings.
- Support for the Treaty of Waitangi.
I really like the concept of this app. Even though it doesn't have a big selection, it's very useful. I hope that they take this further. Something I appreciate is that it doesn't have any ads, and you can download the books for free. If they decide to charge something in order to obtain a bigger selection, I feel that would be a good idea. However, I hope they always keep this app ad free; and if ever it becomes popular, that they don't get greedy and start asking a lot money in order to get rid of the ads.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 31, 2016
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: High Tea IT Limited
- © 2013 - 2015 Hight Tea IT ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.