Parkbud - Parking & Travel Guide
By Wunderstadt GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Voted by Apple as one of the Top 5 Best Navigation Apps of the Year - AppStore Rewind
Parkbud™ is a simple travel app that helps you find and navigate to places and parking including parking garages around you while keeping track of your parking, paying for parking through your phone, and hooking up directly to a variety of navigation tools.
With Parkbud™ you are able to:
• Find, navigate to, & bookmark nearby parking & points of interest (Parking Garages, Restaurants, Gas, Repair, Home, Your Car, You name it…)
• Pay for parking anywhere in the world where mobile payment is accepted
• A Location Guide with Points of Interest, descriptions, ratings, and contact info
• Track your parking time & parking location (even when GPS not available!)
• Get Reminders before your meter expires
• Instant Directions: Up to the second directions back to your car or any interesting places
• Hook-in to your favorite Navigation tool via Parkbud™. Parkbud™ supports: Apple Maps, Goog** Maps, Navigon, TomTom, Waze, Sygic, and many more
• Calculate & remember Parking Costs based on time of day, duration, & parking rules
• Create a Library of Parking Payment Data so you can pay / renew parking from anywhere
• Make Phone Calls or SMS to purchase parking within Parkbud™
• Native Maps & Open Street Maps support
• Add, Take, Upload, & Edit A Photo of locations, fees, & restrictions
• Quick Reminders: Jot down parking level & fees, errands to run, etc.
• Fast Time Entry Slider with interactive End Time Preview Clock
+++WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING+++
• App Store Rewind 2011
• iTunes App of the Week
• What's Hot, New & Noteworthy – Worldwide
• Gizmodo: App of the Day
• Official App Store Twitter: “Who knew that finding parking with your iPhone could be so sexy?”
• Chip Online: Top 10 Recommended Apps for your Car
• Tipb: Staff Pick of the Week
• Lifehacker: App of the Day
• Featured in Appboy (5 Stars), App Scout, Computer Bild, iFun.de, iPhone Life, PC Mag, Tech Radar & more
“Parkbud™ for iPhone is probably one of the coolest ways to find out that your parking meter has just expired, complete with cool...sound effects, beautiful UI animations, & a lovely icon for your Springboard....”
App Scout: “Sexy Parked Car Finder”
“Parkbud™ has the beauty & sophistication that quite possibly will encourage you to use it when you are only parked in your garage.”
“ The app itself resembles a handcrafted, expensive timepiece, complete with simulated moving parts, ticking clock hands, rotating gears, & polished buttons that gives the app a defined, but techie feel.
“The app doesn't just look pretty either. Finding parking is accurate, setting the meter time is simple...”
What's New in Version 3.1.2
iOS7 Optimization; PLACES GUIDE - Now completely FREE & UNLOCKED with no sharing necessary; Bug Fixes; Language Corrections
So delicious you will want to eat it!
Update: continues to satisfy!
What a pleasant surprise, this app is a joy! I used iCar before but the tag function for the car, the most critical part of the app, did not work reliably for me.
Enter Parkbud. Car tagging, meter timer with reminder, routing back to car and picture of car work great. The real star on this app though is the implementation. It's just plain gorgeous and fun to use. It's so delicious you'll want to eat it!
I would take a half star back if I could for the note pad function. The sensitivity needs to be tweaked a little. Sometimes I need to rub the page several times before it will turn pages back for me. Not a huge deal though.
Tip for urbanites: you can use the app to tag any location, not just your car. Say you're shopping in midtown with your friends and you split up. Tag your meet up point, or a fave store you wanna nav back to, and the app will take you back when you're ready.
Great job! A+
PS Another reviewer mentioned the app crashed for him on initial installation. It crashed for me too when trying to save pics. I rebooted my iPhone and everything works fine.
Simple, elegant and great. It takes the mundane experience of feeding a parking meter into a joy. This is what every app should be: a tight focus on a singular task with a thoughtfully designed user experience.
-easy to use.
-alarm sound is pleasing, attention getting, and like no other sound on your phone so it stands out.
-Google maps allows to drop a pin at your car's location.
-take a picture...we have electronic meters in Minneapolis so I can snap a picture of my space number, then feed the meter from any kiosk in the vicinity.
-you can take notes. Not sure why, but one day it will come in handy.
Look, friend. If I am taking the time to rave about an app for parking meters, it must be awfully freaking great.
Best parking and travel app
There are tons of parking apps out there and ive tried many of them. But parkbud by far has the most features, the best interface and is a real joy to use. The new update makes it that much better. Not only can you find and track parking but today i used it to find my bank nearby without having to leave the app. My only wish is that they have more parking payment options in the phone where i could compare prices and pay directly. Other than that it is definitely a must have app like others said and has become one of my top favorites.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 14, 2013
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 35.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Wunderstadt GmbH
- © 2011 Wunderstadt GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.