Partly Sunny shows your weather in quick glances and detailed looks.
Need to quickly see if it will rain at home or at work today? Or check the humidity or UV index over the next few hours? Or look at the hourly forecast this weekend? Partly Sunny has you covered.
Get an overview of what’s happening at your current location and your favorite locations.
Get more details about what’s happening throughout the hour, the day, and the week at your locations.
See how your selected conditions change over the next few days. Choose from temperature, precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, and more. Tap the graph to change the plotted condition. Tap & hold the graph for a detailed look at each hour.
Get a quick glance at the week’s forecast. Tap any day for a detailed look at that day.
Ask Siri to check weather forecasts and current weather conditions (like precipitation, humidity, and UV index). (Requires iOS 12.)
See what’s happening currently and today at your selected location. Expand the widget to see what’s happening over the next few hours and days.
Toggle manually and with a handy gesture. Or toggle automatically based on screen brightness or sunrise & sunset times.
With a monthly or yearly subscription, join the Partly Sunny Club and unlock more:
Precipitation radar is available in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, and a few more regions in Europe. Cloud imagery is available worldwide.
Pull down in Today View to refresh the location’s forecast on demand.
Show yesterday’s weather in Week View for quick comparisons.
Check the weather for a specific day in the future (the usual weather) or the past (the actual weather).
Save five more locations in your locations list for a total of 15.
Custom App Icon & Theme
Customize the Partly Sunny icon on your home screen and the theme color in the app. (Requires iOS 10.3 or later.)
Whether or not you’re part of the Club, there’s still more:
• Forecasts powered by Dark Sky
• Precipitation-intensity graph when it’s raining or snowing (US & UK locations)
• Choose actual or “feels like” temperatures and quickly switch with a handy gesture
• Customize the condition that displays with daily temperatures
• Links to pollen forecasts and NOAA weather offices (US locations)
• Location renaming and fine-tuning
• 3D Touch shortcuts
• URL scheme: partlysunny://, partlysunny://currentlocation, and partlysunny://addlocation
Partly Sunny has been featured in Apple’s “New Apps We Love”, MacStories, AppAdvice, and Lifehacker.
Partly Sunny “introduces a robust, beautiful new way to view weather information. […] What’s immediately striking about Partly Sunny’s design is that it feels designed to belong in iOS. It’s an app that feels built by Apple if the company decided to make a massive iterative change to its own stock Weather app.” – MacStories
“If you are looking for minimalism in your weather app, then Partly Sunny will satisfy your cravings. […] Partly Sunny offers the information you need in a concise and flexible way.” – AppAdvice
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Welcome to another new version of Partly Sunny! This update brings you more tools and more options to help you get those quick glances and detailed looks at your weather.
Here’s a quick glance at what’s new:
• Siri Shortcuts to check the weather
• Precipitation radar expanding into Europe
• Support for the latest iPhones
Here’s a detailed look at what’s new:
Ask Siri to check the weather for you! Siri can check today’s weather (the current, hourly, and day’s weather), tomorrow’s weather, this week’s weather, and various current weather conditions (like humidity, chance of precipitation, and UV index).
The shortcuts will appear in Settings app (where you can set up voice phrases for Siri to check the weather without launching the app) and Shortcuts app when you view locations in Today View and tap hourly graphs to change the condition. (Note: Siri Shortcuts require iOS 12.)
Siri Shortcuts Settings
There’s a new menu in Settings to manage Siri Shortcuts. For each of your locations, you can manually have shortcuts appear in Settings app and Shortcuts app. You can also add or edit voice phrases for Siri without having to go to Settings app.
Copy Siri Results to the Clipboard
The results of Siri Shortcuts can be copied to the clipboard. You can, for example, use the results in a longer shortcut in Shortcuts app with a “Get Clipboard” action immediately following a Partly Sunny shortcut.
Precipitation Radar in Europe
If you’re a member of the Partly Sunny Club, your locations in the UK, Ireland, Germany, northern France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Switzerland can now show precipitation radar. My radar data provider says more countries are on the way, so stay tuned for more.
Easier Locations Management
In Locations View, you can now swipe left on a location to edit or delete it. You can also now tap and hold a location and then drag it up or down to reorder it. (Requires iOS 11 or higher.)
More Device Support
Partly Sunny now displays properly on the latest iPhones.
Until I can devote more time and resources to properly localize the app, I removed the Italian localization for now. My apologies to anyone who regularly used the app in Italian. If you did, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about it.
Other Fixes and Improvements:
• The severe weather alerts view won’t show multiple similar alerts now.
• Radar layers are a little darker now to better see the variations in the layers.
• Settings has been slightly rearranged to better prioritize menus.
• Fixed some views (like radar view) not updating with the automatic Dark Mode toggle.
If you have a question or suggestion or run into an issue, please email me at email@example.com.
If you’re enjoying Partly Sunny and have a moment, please leave a review or update/resubmit a previous review on the App Store. Your support is appreciated and helps the app get discovered!
And finally, thank you for using Partly Sunny. While you may not always enjoy the weather, I hope you enjoy checking the weather with Partly Sunny!
Ratings and Reviews
New Favorite Weather App!
Partly Sunny is now my favorite weather app! The app design is sleek, easy to use and super intuitive. It features loads of customizable options that I can use depending on what my current needs are. Prior to this I was using another weather app almost exclusively, but after stumbling across Partly Sunny, I have changed my mind! One weekend while my family was visiting, we were supposed to do some outdoor sight seeing. The forecast on my previous weather app called for gloom and rain all weekend. Partly Sunny, however, gave a much more optimistic outlook. So we decided to take our chances and go with what PS forecasted. I’m very grateful we did because what PS predicted was far more accurate and we ended up being able to do everything outside that we wanted to do. Since then, I’ve never gone back to the old app. It seems that other apps show a more generalized “safe” prediction while PS isn’t afraid to report a more detailed and precise forecasts. Well worth the switch!
Almost perfect, widget can be tweaked
I will start by saying that the app itself is beautiful and perfect 5/5. I have literally tried dozens of other weather apps and this one is by far the best. I love all the large in app icons for the weather and the hour by hour graph works very well. I also love how bold the icons look when you swipe up to wee the weekly forecast.
However, a bit of criticism, I don't think that the clean, bold and beautiful icons translate well into the widget. Here are a few suggestions I have.
1) While the hour by hour graph looks great in the app, on the widget it takes too much unnecessary room while the widget is expanded and leaves a lot unused wasted space. I feel like it could easily be condensed hight wise about 10-20%. This would allow for point 2.
2) The weekly forecast icons are so easily visible and large/bold in the app but on the widget they are squeezed in on the bottom very tightly and are so small that its hard to see them. I feel like if the hourly graph on top was condensed it would allow more room for the weekly forecast icons on the bottom. This way the widgets icons would be proportional to the in app icons and the whole widget would feel just a bit cleaner and in sync with the app.
But other than that I love the app, I just think the widget could be tweaked.
I have had this app for a few months now, and I think it is organized well with a great user interface. The main reason I need this app is for the 5 day forecast and the hourly forecast, and the app fails miserably in these two areas.
For the 5 day, the app is accurate with same day temperatures, but jump ahead 2 days, and the app temperatures differs from my local television forecasts by 5 to 10 degrees! I can understand 2 or 3 degrees difference, but 10? I don’t know which forecast model the app uses, but it does not predict well.
The same problem exists with the hourly forecast - the app tells you there is a low probability of rain, but outside it is pouring and the radar shows it will be around for quite some time.
- Joseph Hribar
- 40.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Joe Hribar
- In-App Purchases
- Partly Sunny Club: Yearly $3.99
- Partly Sunny Club: Monthly $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.