PassGEN Password Suite allows you to not only generate passwords in groups, but also check their strength, simply!
Generate from one to one hundred passwords of varying length:
- Include letters of mixed case.
- Include numbers.
- Include special characters.
- Phonetic transcription to help remember/describe.
Check generated or manually entered passwords for strength:
- One of the only apps that allows you to generate and check strength in the same application!
- Adds and removes points based on good and bad password features (such as repeat characters, numbers/letters only, etc.).
Share generated passwords:
- Uses iOS built-in sharing mechanisms to allow for quick sharing via AirDrop, email, iMessage/SMS as well as other applications installed on your device.
We'd love to hear from you, both good and bad feedback. We try our best to fully test each and every application to the fullest, but there may still be some bugs that cause problems for some users. If you find such a bug, please, get in contact with us so we may fix your problem. We can be reached at PassGEN@ASGARDWeb.com.
*Please note that no official scoring algorithm exists, so this app uses its own formulae to determine complexity.
Apologies to those who have experienced problems using the app! We've heard your cries for help and are here with an updated version!
While the core functionality remains the same, this version is new in so many ways:
- We've given the app a face lift. Many of you wrote us saying you didn't like the dark theme, so we've lightened it up significantly.
- Compatibility with iPhones 6 and 6 Plus and whatever Apple comes up with next. We get new devices too and didn't like having to use the old stretched version either!
- Handoff support throughout app. Generated a list of passwords on your iPad and want to hand them off to your iPhone? No problem!
- Improved sharing using iOS built in sharing mechanisms mean you can share your generated password however you want.
We've also heard talk of this fancy new thing called the Apple Watch, perhaps you've heard of it too. We decided it would be best to support that as well:
- Need to quickly generate a password but don't have immediate access to your iOS device? Now you can, straight from your wrist!
- Generated a password on your Apple Watch but need more control? Using Handoff you can easily pick up right where you left off on your iOS device.
We appreciate your patience with us in releasing this desperately needed update. If you appreciate the effort we've put into it, please leave a 5-star review! Negative feedback? We're sorry to hear you have it, but we want to hear that too. All we ask is that you contact us before leaving a negative review, chances are we can help.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for what it is!
For as simple as this is, it works absolutely perfectly. Does exactly what it says it does, which is nice for a change.
I hope the developer adds the ability to save the passwords generated some day though.
For all the times I'm asked to create a password, using this app makes it easy. Plus having the ability to check the strength of a password makes this a well rounded app.
Simple and great
Works perfectly, I use it all the time. Generate new passwords and check existing one. Beautiful.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.