Pathshare is a virtual meeting point and location sharing assistant. We made it with love and focus on security and privacy. Set a destination and share your location with your friends, family, colleagues or customers in real time. Just with a simple touch on the screen.
** Featured on App Store **
** Featured on CNN and numerous Tech Blogs **
** Received Quality Label Swiss Made **
WHY SHOULD I USE PATHSHARE?
• Ever lost a friend on a night out?
• Ever been stuck in a traffic jam and late for a dinner?
• Want to show your friends your location without playing around with the phone while driving?
• Wondering where you friends are when you lost them while shopping?
• Want to know where your children are on their way from school?
• Have a professional meeting and want to make your business partner aware of your arrival in an impressive way?
• Ever had skiers and snowboarders in a group and wanted to join on the slopes again?
• Ever had an emergency and wanted to let the help find you by showing the exact location?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Tap on the round button to start sharing your location. It's as simple as that!
• In order to share your location, Pathshare needs access to your phone's location services.
• Choose a duration you want to share your location for. Pathshare will automatically stop sharing your location after this time expires.
• Send the invitation as a link using email, iMessage (requires access to your address book), WhatsApp or any other channel.
• Join a session by simply opening the link within your friend's invitation.
• You will receive push notifications when somebody joins or leaves a session or is nearby
• While in a session, stop sharing your location anytime by toggling the location sharing button.
• Watch your friends move on the map in real time. See their speed.
• Zoom to all or selected participants. Switch to satellite view.
• Realtime location sharing: Let your friends see you moving on the map in realtime.
• Group sessions: Share your path with an entire group from your address book.
• Meeting points: Dynamically define meeting points. Pathshare will make sure that everyone stays up-to-date
• ETA: Get informed you about the estimated time of arrival of all participants
• Voice Notifications: Pathshare uses voice synthesis to inform you about what’s happening in your session
• Anonymity & Privacy: Pathshare does not submit any phone numbers or other private data. Since the Pathshare users can choose their own name, there is no way to identify a real person.
• Motion Activity: Pathshare uses the M-chip to enhance your location with your activity.
• Device independent: Use Pathshare in a web browser on any phone or computer and watch your friends even if you don't have the app installed.
• Safety included with active duration control: No location sharing after you left the session or it has expired.
• Security enabled: All data is transmitted over SSL (your bank uses the same protocol for its e-banking services). Location data is additionally encrypted with AES
• Simple usage: Easy to set up with no accounts required. Automatically runs in background.
• Global availability: Pathshare is used in over 180 countries! It is available in all app stores and can be used at any location with GPS and data connection. The app already features English and German with many more languages to come.
• Location services enabled: To let you share your location with your friends.
• Motion Tracker (M-Chip): To let you and other participant see your current motion activity.
• Access to contacts: To let you choose participants. Just to let you know, the app is not sending any contacts to the Pathshare server.
• Push notifications: To inform you when somebody joins or leaves a session or is nearby
• Send SMS text messages: To let you send invitations to participants.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good start but some features are not quite there
I cannot find how to make the geofences work, and there were some oddities with it losing contact and not showing friends' locations. I like the concept tho!
Developer Response ,
Hi booc0mtaco. Thanks for your feedback! The geofences have a known issue for some of our users. We're working on a fix for that - will be out soon. Best, Stefan
This functionality is built in iOS already
TOS: You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and location information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content served.
This app is literally made for others to get rich from personal information.
Sticking with Glympse and Waze
This app looks nice, but That's they only positive quality of this app.
First, sign up is required to use the app. This nearly had me uninstalling the app, but I continued.
Next, I tried to enter my home and work addresses and could not. No matter how I tapped on the screen, the app wouldn't let me input my addresses. At this point I declared the app worthless and uninstalled it.
This app might be okay, but the onboarding process could use some love.
- freshbits GmbH
- 71.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Thai
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 freshbits GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.