Get paid on your iPhone®, iPod® or iPad® with our free app and a card reader that’s right for your business. Accept credit and debit cards, send invoices, track cash and check payments. It’s only 2.7% per US card swipe, chip or contactless transaction. No long-term contracts, commitments or monthly fees.
WHY PAYPAL HERE?
• More options, more business: gives your customers the flexibility to pay how they want.
• All in one: PayPal Here™ is part of our trusted suite of business payment solutions, helping you manage all your in-person, online and mobile payments through one central account.
• Help when you need it: You can contact us directly from the app, by phone at 877-569-1136 or by visiting www.paypal.com/here
START GETTING PAID:
1) Download the app
2) Sign up for PayPal Here
3) Choose the card reader that’s right for your business
PayPal Mobile Card Reader
– Accepts magnetic stripe cards
– Connects with your phone or tablet audio jack
PayPal Chip Card Reader
– Accepts chip cards, NFC payments like Apple Pay™ and magnetic swipe cards
– Reduce liability for certain types of fraud
– Connects via Bluetooth
PayPal Here uses an encrypted card reader, backed by our best-in-class risk-management and fraud protection. All payments go right into your account for secure, reliable, and easy transaction processing.
GET YOUR MONEY FAST:
Payments processed with PayPal Here are transferred to your account usually in minutes. With the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds at thousands of ATM’s nationwide, plus get 1% cash back on all eligible debit card purchases.
• Get a free app and PayPal Mobile Card Reader
• Invest in the PayPal Chip Card Reader to accept chip cards, contactless (like Apple Pay™), traditional swipe payments – all in one device.
• Pay only 2.7% per swipe, chip or contactless transaction for all major US credit cards including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
• Let customers quick-pick a standard tip or enter their own
• Manage and view your sales history
• Text and email custom receipts
• Add multiple users on one device
Thanks for using PayPal Here. This update includes performance & reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, except for gratuity part
I wish I had not done the latest update. It used to be that I would enter the price, enter the card information, then hand my phone off to the client where it would prompt them with “confirm total”, and give them an option to add a tip. Now it’s showing me that portion before I enter the card, which I have to ask them if they want to add a tip. I never want to make my clients feel obligated to add a tip, although tips are very common in my industry. I wish I could hand the phone to them like before, and they could discreetly add a tip (or not). I’ve missed out on tips from the last few clients, because I would run the card, and it would go straight to “processing”. It’s better when the client can confirm the total.
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are working on fixing this issue.
PayPal Here Product Team
Pay Pal Here ?
It doesn't work, currently using an Iphone 6S with OS 9.3 It is 2016 already and by now they should've figured it out !!! That been said the app works halfway but it just won't read and no it is not the reader, tried a new one already, at the end it is useless!!!! Everything else can be easily done via browser ...update: it is September 2017 and still doesn’t work ! Unbelievable ! Tried with iOs 10.3.3 and iOs 11 as well to no avail...
Reply to developer: Hi how are you, like I mentioned in the review the credit cards reader just won’t work, already tried a new one to no avail. We are aware that we always have the option to charge the purchase which happens to be conveniently for you, higher fees as opposed as swiping a card. There is no problem with the phone, we are also using Square which works flawlessly.
Update Sept. 22, 2017; version 2.8.4 installed and it worked once, for the first time ever the card reader worked. Thank you very much !
Update Sept. 27, 2017; again it stopped working, the credit card reader simply won’t read the cards. Got another new reader but it just won’t work !!!!??? deleting the app and switching businesses to a different method, it is sad that after over 10 years we need to modify our billing procedures. Please FIX this issue !!! Thank you
Can you please let me know "what is not working"? I would be more than happy to help.
Doesn’t work with iPhone X
I just upgraded to an iPhone X from an iPhone 7 Plus and found that it isn’t compatible. The chip reader connects via Bluetooth, but in the app itself, it can’t find or connect to the reader.
I called customer support and they confirmed that none of the readers are compatible with the iPhone X. They stated that they don’t know when they will make the updates to this app and the readers to make them compatible.
I am now forced to key in all credit card numbers. I even asked if they can reduce the processing fee of keyed entries to match the processing fee for the card reader (because it is their fault for not making it compatible before the release of the iPhone X), and they stated, “no, because we don’t know if you really do have an iPhone Ten, and we can’t verify that that’s your only device to accept payments on.”
- PayPal, Inc.
- 90.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 PayPal Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.