PBPhonics 1 to 3
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PBPhonics is for adults and young adults studying basic English literacy, including those learning English as a second language. It offers students the opportunity to:
1. Hear the phonemes that make up a word
2. Hear those phonemes run together to make the word
3. Hear the whole word
4. Record themselves speaking the word and compare their recording with PBPhonics
5. Take tests matching word sounds to their written form
Instruction is provided through animated gestures, with no dependence on written or spoken instructions. The vocabulary and test complexity start simply and automatically adapt as the student passes tests and gains confidence. Teachers may also choose appropriate levels and review student progress on the ⓘ screen.
PBPhonics 1 to 3 contains 18 phonemes in 3 sets (S,A,T,I,P,N; CK,E,H,R,M,D; and G,O,U,L,F,B). These are used to build 278 words. Some words have pictures and others have spoken sentences to provide context. The words and phonemes have an Australian accent, and have been recorded with multiple voices for variety. Teachers may replace word and phoneme sounds with their own recordings.
When students have mastered all 18 phonemes, they may move to PBPhonics 1 to 7. This more than doubles the material, for a total of 42 phonemes and 619 words. PBPhonics 1 to 7 is a separate app; PBPhonics 1 to 3 does not ask for any In-App Purchases.
What's New in Version 2.1
- Improved feedback when completing a test unlocks more words.
- Makes full use of all iPad, iPhone and iPod touch screen sizes.
- Improved use of landscape orientation on iPad.
- Allows Split View on supporting iPads.
- Can switch to landscape on iPhone and iPod touch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 06, 2017
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 40.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Horton
- © 2017 Michael Horton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.