Phoenix 2 is the best looking shoot'em up that everyone can enjoy! Enjoy the marvellous action and defeat waves of menacing Invaders in daily new missions. Just some of the highlights are:
* Over 75 ships to collect and upgrade. Each ship has its own unique weapons and two special abilities. Find and upgrade the ship that fits your play style and matches up well in the missions.
* Every day a brand new mission is created using our improved procedural content generator. All players across the world play this daily mission and share their scores on our leaderboards. Create a community to get your own unique stages that you can play with your friends!
* Phoenix 2 is designed specifically for 64 bit devices with Metal. Our Flare engine, which was developed in-house, renders the intense action beautifully with advanced graphics effects, such as bloom and anamorphic lens flares.
Phoenix 2 requires an Internet connection.
A big update with a little bit of everything! Support for the new iPads, a new ship, fixes, improvements and account support features!
* Support for 120 FPS and Wide Color on the new iPad Pros!
* A new ship arrived, the Qhelqod!
* Forgot the password of your Firi account? You can now request a sign-in link via email.
* Increased detail and resolution of the first 40 ships.
* Sonah Firestorm Spec B Apex now correctly targets active enemy turrets. As a result the missile pods are fixed in position for this Apex form.
* The Oran Meson Controller Apex is even more efficient.
Ratings and Reviews
When we’re on a roll in Phoenix II, we feel unstoppable. Untouchable. Like Quicksilver in the X-Men movies. This “bullet hell” shooter’s silky-smooth controls (even better with 3D Touch) are as stunning as its graphics. And with dozens of uniquely armed ships and daily mission updates, the replayability’s insane.
Best mobile bullet hell
This game isn’t perfect, but there isn’t a better game out there to my knowledge. The major flaw that I see is that there is a hard limit on how much money you can earn in one day because the only way to make money is beating waves, completing missions, and getting tiny cash rewards from duplicate ships in the warp gate, all of which are on a timer. Once you beat the daily mission there isn’t another way to make money until it resets. I also think that the minimalist menu clashes with the graphics of the game, which are much more organic, but since they are both beautiful this is not really a problem. I wish that there was an easier way to join communities as well, I did it by spending too much time on the forums and finding an antiquated post about top communities, one of which I joined. All of these complaints aren’t going to stop me from playing the game though, I love trying new ships when I’ve already beat the daily mission, and beating my old times is always an option. Overall I definitely recommend downloading this game if you like bullet hells at all.
Why do I need a connection to play?
So the developers really fixed the game and it is awesome, but why do I need a connection to play? What if I want to play it and don't have an internet connection. This technical issue might as well be the worst failure in an otherwise really cool game. Despite the net thing, it's worth checking out.
Update: as I have now spent a longer time with this game, I can say that the internet issue is not its biggest flaw. Personally I find the reward system frustrating - it's really not fair enough. Also, the warp gate algorithm is not very smart. After you get a few, you'll receive several duplicated, and the compensation for that is below minimum.
That said, I understand that this game has a fremium model with lots of in app purchases, and that is precisely its biggest flaw. With such cool graphics and power ups, people would spend money on a more balanced premium experience. As for me, I have played it enough now, and got tired of the really weak rewards all these days. Hope Phoenix 3 gets it right.
- Firi Games
- 288.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Firi Games
- In-App Purchases
- 5000 Credits $4.99
- 800 Credits $0.99
- 12000 Credits $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.