Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
This update introduces the first genuine Dutch Text to Speech voices for children, Merel and Thijs. We spent nearly a year creating these voices in collaboration with Acapela Group and NSGK, and we’re very happy to be able to offer young Dutch AAC users voices which they can identify with.
Version 3.5 includes some bug fixes. This update also includes display optimization for all models of iPad.
Thanks again for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better!
We were already so in love with this app…and then it happened, now you can add videos! We love it because it is so easy to use for myself and for my very highly impacted, nonverbal 11 yr old with autism. She never had any interest before of looking at pictures of her family or of social stories, I just don't think she saw the need. Now, after putting family albums and some motivating stories about her fav foods, she's hooked!:) I thought she'd only want to look at certain ones, but she goes through them all, over and over, even the social stories, like Going to the Dentist! I'm amazed at her response and so pleased! But now, with videos, when I added videos of her bowling to her story about her very first time bowling and of her playing in the water at the beach, I can't even describe her face! She grinned from ear to ear and then was just giddy! Now, that is priceless!!
I have over 600 apps on my iTunes account and this is hands down my favorite! I have a twenty year old son who has autism and I work with many students who have special needs from prek to age 21 post high school. This app is great for receptive learning. It can be used to make talking storybooks, social stories also for teaching skills step by step. It can also be used expressively as a tool for writing as it allows students to pair their writing with a visual. It also allows written output to be broken into smaller more manageable chunks. An added benifit is students can work on reading fluency when they record their stories . It is a great tool for individuals who ate non verbal to relate experiential stories to share on a social level. We have also used this app for vocabulary development making talking flashcards. There are so many good uses for this app I could go on and on. A must have app if you are a teacher!!!
My son is 19 and has Autism, non-verbal. This is a terrific way for him to now have a picture schedule for each day of the week. The technology is easy to use just as with Assistiveware's Proloquo2Go. Pictello allows me to create his schedule just as you would a story so he know exactly what he will do from the moment he gets up until the moment he goes to bed. In addition we can now create outing stories for him to share with his peers at school, he is the only non-verbal in his class. I have already set up Proloquo2go to facilitate two-way-conversation so now a story book for him to share is great! No more velcro pictures for this house! This is the way of the future! Love this product!!!
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 829.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.