This unique table features pinball bumpers and targets, plus a color monitor where you can take on a variety of old-school digital minigame challenges - an endless space scroller, plus car racing, missile defense, a block breaker, and more at incrementing skill levels.
- Listed by Apple in "Best 10 iPad Apps in 2010"
- Apple Design Awards 2010 winner
- 1st place in US top paid apps during the first sales day
"I really can't see pinball on the iPad getting much better than this."
-- David Winograd, TUAW.com
"The experience of holding a pinball table in your hand is great, and with three amazing tables included, you'll have hours of entertainment lined up."
-- Tim Rattray, SlideToPlay.com
"With three tables, reliable physics and controls, and gorgeous graphics, it is a pleasure to recommend."
-- Levi Buchanan, IGN.com
ABOUT THE GAME
Pinball HD Collection - This game will change your idea of Pinball on the iPad. Each table - Wild West, The Deep, Jungle Style, AC/DC, Slayer, Snow, Da Vinci, Missing In Action, Navy Seals and Platoon - are masterpieces. You'll be stunned with the level of realism. This is a REAL Pinball simulator with stunning 3D graphics both with or without 3D glasses.
• Landscape mode - "full table" view
• Portrait mode - "flying-table" view
• In portrait mode slide up or down your both thumbs to toggle camera view from "flying-table" to "full table".
• 10 pinball tables with unique graphics, instructions, missions system, locations and characters
• Landscape mode shows a full table view. The games can be played in either landscape orientation with the button to the left or right of the screen.
• Portrait mode gives you a flying-table view with the camera panning and zooming over the action. This can only be played when holding the iPad with the button on the bottom. If you activate the screen orientation switch, the game only plays in portrait mode.
• A wonderful 3D engine that does true justice to the graphic capabilities of the iPad.
• Realistic physics.
• Built in help for each table. Tap the circled "I" at the bottom right of each table to get a display detailing instructions and descriptions of the features of each table. Make sure to swipe left and right when viewing since the instructions don't fit on one screen.
• Local and global high scores. Swiping right brings up a table of local high scores and further tapping brings up high scores from copies sold throughout
the world. At the end of each game you are prompted to enter your name and have your score included.
• Unique soundtrack with atmospheric music, sound effects and voices.
• Camera tilt brings dimensionality to the games offering a simulated 3D effect where the image changes depending upon how you tilt the iPad. Camera tilt only works in landscape mode.
• Stereoscopic imaging option (requires anaglyph eyeglasses). You can choose between red-cyan, green-magenta or yellow-blue lenses.
HOW TO PLAY
Tapping on a game's fly-over screen shows/hides main menu. Tap on Play button to start game on current table.
Controls in game:
• Tap ANYWHERE on the left side of screen to control the left flipper and ANYWHERE on the right side to control the right flipper.
• Shake your iPad to realistically nudge the pinball table, but not too much or you'll tilt.
• Tap on the "electronic caption" at the top of the screen to pause or resume your game.
Follow us on:
• Twitter - http://twitter.com/Gameprom
• Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Gameprom
• YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/GamepromCompany
• News blog - http://gameprom.com/blog/
• Company site - http://gameprom.com
– Added On-Demand resources support.
– Updated guide of the Vikings Pinball.
– Other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Red planet = fail
I've had this game for quite a while and purchased all the tables, but RedPlanet is the worst alpha version of a game I've played. It randomly freezes, loses balls on the feed at the top and last time, took six restarts of the table to get it work. It's unfortunate to spend money on someone else's bug trials, but I really feel like this is the case. The Tanks table is a rehash of the Navy Seals tables -- don't bother. The pitch on the Pirates table is so high that, like on the Halloween table, if you don't save the ball when it's headed to the chute, there's almost no chance of a table bump to save it. A few tables are great, but I've played the game long enough to give a pretty accurate account.
Update, two years later. Bug still not fixed. Developer? No, they don't answer support emails. They'll take your money, though. Honestly, if I hadn't already paid for it all, I would look elsewhere. This table still isn't fixed. The Mafia table has similar issues where it locks up. It's all flash for your cash. Don't bother.
Have always loved this Pinball Game
This is one of the best in the App Store and it is reasonably priced, you can get many hours of play without having to spend extra money which is also a plus. I wish that there was a way they could score based on regular gameplay as opposed to being able to continue forever based on how much money you're willing to put in. I know that there are really good people out here that can get insanely high scores but some of the scores on these tables are just way beyond what someone would be able to score on the regular old pool table throwing quarters in. That said I still give it five stars for gameplay and creativeness of the tables.
Separate App Better Than Collection
Many of the tables are great, and you can get the Duo controller for less than $9 right now on clearance, which helps a lot with bumps. However, content was stripped from some of the tables when they were collected in this “HD Collection” app. For example, in the War Pinball tables, the voiceover and all of the backdrop video clips were removed from the tables, I guess to save space. Download the individual apps instead to get the full content on each table. Luckily, if you purchase a table in one app, it automatically shares between all of them.
- OOO Gameprom
- 254.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Gameprom
- In-App Purchases
- The Deep Pinball $1.99
- Da Vinci Pinball $1.99
- Jungle Style Pinball $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.