Pirate Legends TD
By Super Hippo Studios Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"If you're looking for a respectable tower defense game that is challenging and looks great, then Pirate Legends TD is the game for you" Pocket Gamer
Navigate your pirate ship through the deadly waters of the Caribbean as you defend yourself from the evil Imperial Navy, hungry Cannibals, and the restless Undead Horde. Pirate Legends is a tower defense game, with stunning visuals and hours of fun for free!
- 20 unique towers with special abilities and 2 upgrade paths
- 5 heroes with unique skills!
- Defend your ship against against 30+ different enemies and 4 terrifying bosses
- 3 difficulty modes and for the bravest pirates: epic challenges!
- Stunning visuals and animations
- Awesome unique soundtracks and character voice-overs
- In-game encyclopedia, 36 achievements, easter eggs... hours of action-defense gameplay await you mateys!
Internet connection NOT required to play, only during the installation of the game
- "Pirate Legends is a terrifically fun game" - Touch Arcade
- "Pirate Legends TD is worth a spot on any tower defense fans’ screen" - Cult of Mac
- "There’s just so much to do at any given time in Pirate Legends TD that it breathes a bit of new life into a somewhat stagnant tower defense genre." – 148Apps
- "The result is Pirate Legends TD, a game full of interesting twists on the action-defense genre" – Slide to Play
"So addicted. Funiest,coolest tower defense game ever !!"
"ROCKIN' COOL This is one of the best TD games that are new to the android market. I hope you continue to fix bugs and improve the awesomeness of the game. Devs rock...!"
For the latest updates, news and tips about our games:
Send us your feedback at email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.0.9
Make sure you follow us on social media if you want to have a chance to win free heroes and relics!
fb.com/piratelegendstd and @superhippogames
- Improved iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
- Re-balanced the difficulty on some levels
- Added some helpful tool-tips
We thank all of our players for your support and your feedback. Thanks to you the game will never stop improving!
This is how a tower defense game should be
Alright let me start off with that this game does have In App Purchases and yes, they help a lot. However you can most certainly win without buying anything with real money. The in-game currency can help you buy gold for stages that you have difficulty with but it takes a bit of grinding. The game has easter eggs littered through the game with interactions of various things in the maps such as the guy singing. The music is good and the visuals are great. You have several forms of defense here, towers primarily of course, then a launch-able turtle cannon, a flying ace, allies and the cannon on your ship. There are a decent number of towers to choose from and their upgrades are very different and important as well as impactful in different ways. Upgrading the right units and selecting the right positions for your towers are vital to winning. Even your tower boosts earned from beating stages are instrumental in victory. This is quite possibly the best tower defense game I've ever played. I still only have one more challenge level to beat before completing the game.
Needs More Levels!
I hardly ever write reviews, but this game has earned my praise. My only complaint (if you'd call it that) is that it needs more levels. There are some in-app purchases, but you don't have to buy anything to beat the game. I did make a couple of in-app purchases, but I paid in because I wanted to - not because I had to. For me, it's not about the money and more about the principle).
I did have a small problem when playing the game, though... but maybe it was just on my phone. When I would spend some of my "toes" to hire allies, and then had to stop playing for a bit, the level wouldn't resume when I brought the game back up. It would relaunch the game from the beginning, but the toes that I spent earlier would be gone. So, I quickly learned not to spend toes on a level unless I had a window of time that I could play the level all the way through.
So, in summary, near-perfect tower defense game... but keep the levels coming (or release a new game as a continuation of this one).
Hilarious and Fun
Tower defense games can get a little tedious at times but this one has a fun and hilarious layer to it. The pirate theme gives it whimsical characters and the cartoon-ish nature gives it a pleasing visual to the eye. Actually the graphics are pretty nice.
I've had lots of fun playing this game and the challenges. There's a pretty good amount of strategy involved with it too; not just within each level but how are you advance your capabilities within the game. It isn't a game, however, that you bang your head against the wall. It is challenging but not tedious.
The only thing I hope to see you are more levels coming from the developer. I've been in the game! But I want to play more!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 05, 2014
- Version: 1.0.9
- Size: 370 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Super Hippo Studios Limited
- © SuperHippo Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jet-Set Jane McQueen$4.99
- Batty Baron Von Sticky Toffee$0.99
- 5000 Toe Pack$4.99
- 20 Anchor Pack$4.99
- Double Toes$2.99
- Babikov Defcon Bombdropov$2.99
- 12500 Toe Pack$9.99
- BUCCANEER BONUS$2.99
- MAN O' WAR PACK$7.99
- 30000 Toe Pack$19.99