"Pixound Turns Photos into Musical Instruments, and It’s Better Than You Think" — Gizmodo
"Pixound is a trippy music app for iOS that allows users to turn any snap into a song." — MTV Hive
Pixound is a revolutionary form of musical entertainment! Pixound provides a deep musical experience that lets YOU instantly create music using any picture. It's pure fun to play (at any age) and deep because it can be used to play music like you've never heard before. It's so much fun that artist Peter Max bought an iPhone just to have Pixound! Since there is no limit to what pictures you can play from art and graphics to photos and they can be combined with thousands of different musical settings, there is no limit to the music you can create and enjoy. You owe it to yourself to try Pixound!!!
• Play any picture from outer space to art masterpieces
• Record audio or use effects processors via Audiobus 2.1 or Inter-app Audio
• Play in any key or scale (over 65 scales/modes)
• Add Bass and Drums from lots of choices
• Add Song Progressions from basic to classical and more
• Select from over 127 instruments for four voices R, B, G and bass
• Download our sound packs to add new sounds like Moog and Digeridoo
• Save your own settings and share with others (in-app purchase required)
• Add Reverb effect
• Save MIDI files and go direct out to MIDI synthesizers (in-app purchase)
• Access shared presets from the Pixound Community
—Create music using Live Video (In-app purchase)
—Updated Audiobus and other 3rd party elements
—Fixed compatibility issues with iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Pixound is the Bomb! Best music app of 2012!
This is the most innovative app for musicians and artists alike! Children will love it, too. But the power of this app for musicians is that it changes the way you look at music. Once you start making music by playing pictures, textures, and color, you begin to "see" the sound...you find ways to make some very interesting sequences and patterns and, with different "modalities" you'll immediately learn more about music (if you don't already!). I've seen the development of this over the years and, believe me, there is more to come from the innovators of this app! The applications for Pixound are mind-bending - from art galleries, to the concert stage. Get this one! Highly recommended!
Very functional original instrument
This app is very much in the aggregate like an instrument from the future. Like something an alien in the Mos Eisley Cantina would actually play. The reason it is not just another mere sound app is the deepness and complexity of the options. The fact that you can't just jump right in and make meaningful music is a good thing- no real instrument allows you to do that!
Also, the synesthesia element of mixing color with sound also seems futuristic to me, as we slowing creep into a world where our senses meld with digital interfaces and the lines between traditional sensory boundaries begin to blur. Bravo to the developer! I look forward to learning this remarkable device.
I am not a musician but I really enjoy music (and art). I was luck enough to have a chance to use the beta version of this app and found myself enthralled with it. I could create incredible music that was MY music, and could feel the thrill and addiction of being in a jam session. This is an entirely unique application that you need to try to understand.
- Hologramophone Research, Inc.
- 59.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Techné Media
- In-App Purchases
- Pixound MIDI Features $4.99
- Upgrade to Full Version $0.99
- Pixound Preset Pack 2 Feature $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.