By Tuparev Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plants helps you organize your plants and schedule your gardening activities.
Whether you only have one plant or hundreds, Plants will change the way you care for your green friends.
Featured by Apple in App Store UK.
Showcased in "New and Noteworthy" section of US and UK App Stores
Plants is designed specifically for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Plants Pro is designed specifically for the iPad.
From Novice to Pro:
Do you always forget when it was that you last watered your indoor plants?
Or do you spend your whole weekend in the garden, and have a shed full of gardening tools?
Whichever it is, Plants is the app for you.
Gardening Made Easy:
Build up your list of plants by choosing from the built-in library, or adding your own.
Each plant includes a wealth of information, from photos to taxonomy and instructions for care (irrigation, feeding, hardiness, lighting, and more).
Just set a schedule of activities for each plant, and check back each day to see what needs to be done.
Plants will warn you when your plants need your attention.
The "Tasks" screen indicates which activities are due for care.
After you've finished, mark the task as done, and the plant's schedule will be updated.
It's that easy.
Features Highlights Version 1.0:
- Easy to use scheduler for common activities
- Included common activities: watering, fertilizing, repotting
- Manage plants at different locations via "Green Spots"
- Add and customize "Green Spots" for a simpler organization of your plants
- Quick search for plants via search engine or sorting (by name, by location, by activity, by next due)
- Included sample library with photos and detailed information of about 50 common plants
- Use your own photos to quickly recognize your plants (multiple photos per plant allowed)
- Direct link to wikipedia for plants belonging to the sample library
- Included plants properties: irrigation needs, feeding, hardiness, lighting, air humidity, edibility
- Stylish and friendly user interface
Coming soon in next free upgrades:
- Notification of due activities - no more need to check every day what needs to be done
- New common activities: pruning and deadheading
- Sample library extension - hundreds of new plants (with higher resolution photos for iPad) (v1.1)
- Official free library with hundreds of plants (centralized servers for downloads) (v1.2)
- Direct link to wikipedia or other online sources for all plants (also user defined ones)
- Extra plants properties: blooming and planting time and soil
We need your feedbacks to improve the app! HELP us to make it better and to fit your needs.
Send us your wish list of plants, we will give them high priority in the new official library.
Send us your opinions and suggestions. Report us bugs and problems.
We work constantly to improve the app and to offer you a better experience.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- added several new plants
- fixed a very rare crash leading to data loss
- support for retina display
- number of small improvements
The people who give bad reviews are obviously non-plants-people. They don't know or understand the app's intended use, which is to keep track of the plants in the owner's care and gives the owner the freedom to create his or her own database of THEIR OWN plants, which is very nice. I find it to be useful.
A couple features I'd like to see added to future updates are:
-Seasonal scheduling of watering and feeding. Plants cycle through growing, flowering, and dormancy periods, which means different feeding and watering needs for different periods.
-Ability to enter minimum temperature tolerances either via hardiness zones or temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
I look forward to the future enhancements like blooming, planting, and pruning schedules; ability to download plant data from sources online, which would definitely simplify the entering of plant data.
Watering made easy
I have loved using this app for years. It would be great if I was still able to delete plants after updating my phone... Maybe something to fix very soon?
Idea is great, but needs a lot of work
I just spent over an hour putting in plants and taking pictures, etc. (since the database is so small I had to enter them all manually). I just opened it again and all my data is gone--reverted back to the demo info that was there originally. That makes this app worthless. How can I get a refund?
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 01, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 29.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tuparev Technologies
- © Tuparev Technologies, 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.