Meet Playster: The world’s first all-in-one entertainment service, offering unlimited streaming of ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows. Playster brings millions of premium titles together in one easy-to-use app.
From the Big Five publishers (HarperCollins, Hachette Book Group, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House and Simon and Schuster) to Warner Music Group, The Orchard, National Geographic, BBC and more, Playster houses entertainment in all its forms from the world’s biggest publishers, labels and movie studios, as well as from the best indie talent.
You can now enjoy unlimited streaming of over 100,000 audiobooks with no credits and no restrictions. What’s more, switching between media types has never been easier because it’s all housed in one app. Listen to an expertly curated playlist, pull up a movie soundtrack, choose the perfect audible story or watch an educational documentary at the click of a button. And with hundreds of new titles added every week, Playster’s diverse digital catalog just keeps growing.
• Stream unlimited books, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows.
• Enjoy countless New York Times Best Sellers, like The Girl on the Train, Fifty Shades of Grey, Hamilton, Inferno, It, The Light Between Oceans, The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo and more.
• Choose from a wide range of genres, including: Young Adult, Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Business, Cooking, Health & Fitness, Religion, Kids, Science Fiction.
• Download books, audiobooks and music for offline streaming.
• Discover new favorites with unique mood-based sorting, which offers cross-media recommendations for every mood and occasion.
• Stream hundreds of expertly curated playlists. Or create your own ultimate playlist, which you can then share with friends on social media via Facebook and Twitter.
• Access unabridged Bibles in multiple languages, including English, Spanish and French, in both eBooks and audiobook formats.
• Audiobooks Selection - unlimited access to audiobooks for $14.99 per month.
• Playster Unlimited - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $34.99 per month.
• Playster Premium - unlimited digital access with audiobooks premium for $46.99 per month.
• Audiobook Premium - unlimited premium audiobook access for $29.99 per month.
• Unlimited Books - unlimited access to books for $14.99 per month.
• Unlimited Music - unlimited access to music for $4.99 per month.
• Unlimited Movies + TV shows - unlimited access to movies and TV shows for $3.99 per month.
All Prices are shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply. All subscriptions can be cancelled anytime.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Connect With Playster:
- Performance improvement and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Too good to be true
This app needs some work! The idea of paying thirty dollars a month for unlimited audiobooks sounds perfect to me. Unfortunately, it’s just not realistic. There’s a reason so many companies have tried this and it didn’t last.
I listen to audiobooks at double speed and can usually finish one audiobook a day. No company is going to let me listen to thirty audiobooks a month for a low price. It’s just not going to happen. I’m very skeptical about the unlimited offer, but I’ve not tested it. I can’t get past the terrible app.
Audible and Libby are both perfect audiobook apps. I never worry about my place being lost. NEVER. I’m very spoiled by this. With Playster, your audiobook completely starts over at the beginning just because you breathe on your phone. Other times, the app completely crashes. Audible and Libby are always ready to go when I am.
One of my biggest pet peeves with audiobook apps is when you can only skip back 30 seconds until you reach the beginning of the chapter. Let’s say at the end of a chapter the villain whispers something ominous and you don’t quite catch it. You’ll have to pull out your phone, select the previous chapter, and fast forward all the way to the end. This isn’t safe when you’re driving.
My suggestion is to get a library card and use the Libby app. Maybe splurge on a fifteen dollar a month subscription to Audible and treat yourself to a book your library doesn’t have.
Before I joined Playster there was a huge selection of titles. Now that I have joined the selection is very limited. There is almost nothing available, I mean less than 50 audiobooks.
Great app but...
I wish they would make a separate app for every category. Their content is awesome and I use the audiobooks/ books section frequently. However, this app is subject to crashing A LOT. And you have to put in your password every time and sometimes smack dab in the middle of an audiobook. It’s frustrating to say the least. However, they have good, clean stories and lot of genres to choose from. But they could modify the app just a bit to make it easier to navigate and use
- Playster Group Ltd
- 163.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Playster Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Audiobooks Select $14.99
- Playster Unlimited $34.99
- Audiobooks Premium $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.