By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your video, music, TV, and photo collections, and streams them to all of your screens. With the free Plex Media Server on your home computer and Plex for iOS, you can watch and listen to all of your personal media on your iOS device and share it with friends and family. Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Fire TV, and Plex Home Theater
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server
Remote control your big screen Plex Apps such as Roku, Plex Home Theater, Android TV, and more
• LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY:
You can remove the playback limitations on the app in several ways:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Sign up for a monthly Plex Pass subscription in the iOS app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the iOS app itself
NOTE: If you've already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again!
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
• Mini Player: Continuous viewing and control over what's playing while browsing the app
• Multi-disc support: Listen to multi-disc music albums the way they were meant to be
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
NOTE: PLEX FOR IOS REQUIRES IOS 8.1+; YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT http://plex.tv/downloads/) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.12.5 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 4.0.4
- Fixed non-functional "Sign Up" and "Sign In" buttons on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
- Performance and stability improvements when syncing content.
- Other minor visual & reliability improvements.
I'm new to Plex but I must say that the ease of use is striking and near flawless. Concerning this app, I couldn't be happier with the ability to browse my video libraries in such an elegant way and have them start on the big screen when I've made my choice. After you've made a free account, you simply direct the software to your media and after setting up the companion apps and server you're golden. I only have two issues that are not to much of an inconvenience considering what you get but here they are nonetheless. One, when I start up the home theater screen on my Mac while in dual display mode, the functionality of the mouse pointer on the non-theater screen becomes laggy and at times nonfunctional. The arrow keys are still functional however and full functionality can be achieved by toggling full screen mode on the theater window. So it would be nice if the app could toggle the full screen mode at the least. Second, some videos are just not scaled properly at times or to my liking. I can change the settings in the theater app on my Mac but it would be nice if such settings could be altered from the app as well. Overall however, I couldn't be happier with the results and having an idea of how much work it took to develop such a great system I must thank you guys for such a great product. Know that you have definitely made a fan out of me.
Amazed: Still Not a Functional Product After 4 Patches
I thought I would give you one final try since there has now been 4 patches. Amazingly you still have not even release a stable version. How is it possible to ignore the fact your app crashes so often a user cannot even get through a short 23 minute TV show without multiple crashes!!!
Until this utterly useless excuse of a release, you had an outstanding product. Very functional, simple to use and easily customizable. This product you are so foolishly proud of is none of the above! How ridiculous is it to require a user to go to a second screen just to access the basic functions such as switching between TV and Music or 3 screens deep to switch the server you are accessing?!?! I would love to have heard the thought process that went on when you decided to remove these options from the main screen ... I haven't seen a good comedy in ages!
I have been a lifetime subscriber and supporter for multiple years. It appears it is now time to terminate my support as you have clearly demonstrated either your unwillingness or inability to release a viable product.
What the heck does this little tick mark do?
Or the three lines with a plus symbol inside a circle and an arrow beneath that? Or the morse code-looking hashes that might be a mixing board? Or the circle with two lines. The eyeball makes sense... to a degree... I s'pose... But this is design-school Freshman year run amok. Just because it's small with outlined buttons running a single pixel across, and it *looks* minimal, does not make it look Apple-y. It just makes it confusing and useless as I go picking around, trying to figure out where the controls are.
Don't make me guess what a button does. Tell me. Don't make interface design so small i can't touch, use, or scrub it. It's all well and good to make something feel minimal but this is stupid.
Design is always second to usage, guys. Every designer and artist worth their salt knows this.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 29, 2015
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 48.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2015 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- App Activation (enable streaming playback on this device)$4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass$4.99