By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device. With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch from your home computer running Plex Media Server (available for free at http://plex.tv).
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device.
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (requires a premium Plex Pass subscription)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (requires a premium Plex Pass subscription)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT http://plex.tv/downloads/) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 3.4.0
NEW - Camera Upload (Plex Pass members only): Find it difficult to easily share photos from a recent event or trip that are stuck on your phone? Or, ever try to take a photo only to realize you've run out of memory on your phone? Now, photos from your phone or tablet can be wirelessly synced automatically to your Plex Media Server.
NEW - Play queues: Now you can queue up videos and music for continuous playback and endless enjoyment. You can randomly shuffle music from an artist, album, or genre, or binge on a TV series or other videos. You can easily reorder, remove, or add more content to your queue. Plex even remembers your queue when you restart your app. This is the first exciting step towards full playlist functionality.
NEW - Chromecast improvements: Plex now supports casting of music & photos. We've also added a content mirroring feature, allowing you to fling the details of your media from your mobile device onto the big screen by tapping the Info button. Also, now the preview period is over, a Plex Pass subscription is no longer requred to use Chromecast!
FIXED - Various minor issues.
A little buggy but great app nonetheless!!!
Love Plex and finally decided to purchase the iOS app upon receiving info that Chromecast is supported now. The app works great streaming my local media but as previously stated a few reviews below me. The app will instantly crash when attempting to cast media from any of the channels. I hope you guys get all the bugs taken care of. I will await the App Store badge!!
Simply works, amazing technology
I've been using Plex for almost a year now to manage about 3TB of media and it's simply incredible. Just became a PlexPass member because of how much I use this service. Can't recommend enough!
This is the best media player for your movies, tv shows ext. before Plex I wasted lots of time going to the trouble downloading content to my computer iPad and phone now it's so easy with Plex. I love it and will recommend it to everyone.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 13, 2014
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2013 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.