By AicooSoft Co.,Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You can now have a virtual universe in your pocket. Look through the eyes of your iPad* to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your AR enabled device at the sky and Pocket Astronomy will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Pocket Astronomy calculates – in real time - the current location of every star, planet and moon visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device* at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Pocket Astronomy will tell you all this and more.
Pocket Astronomy features include:
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of approximately 120,000 stars!
- Maximum magnitude 16
- A complete moon map with 9000 features
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- 13,000 deep sky objects with physical characteristics
- Complete ephemeris for 25,000 sky objects
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Full solar system ephemeris, including planets satellites
- Moon map with 9900 references
- Moon phase calendar
- Searches by text and ids
- Featured objects selection
- Automatic selection of the best observable objects
TELESCOPES & OPTICS:
- Telescope control through wi-fi for most devices
- Eyepiece view with real apparent sizes of objects
- Optics database with barlows, focal reducers, CCDs, finders
- Dual and single reticles
- Equatorial and azimuthal reticles
- Fast change of optics with pinch and zoom
- Eyepiece mode swapping with a simple device flip
- Full night vision red mode
- Sky and stars brightness adjustment
- Orientation and search arrow
- Alarms on sky objects events
- Live time changer
- Integrated lamp
- In a single app of less than 20MB, Star Chart dynamically scales its visuals and capabilities across all iOS devices to meet the high end capabilities of a retina display iPad while also running smoothly on the earliest iPhones and iPods.
- Supports portrait and landscape mode
- Compass support for 3GS and 4
- Coordinates display
- Full control of colors of map items
- 500 cities database
- GPS/Gyro and compass support
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 15th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes the complete Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your iPhone/iPad* at any angle.
So point your iPhone/iPad* at the sky and see what's out there!
This is a total RIPOFF!! Nothing works, nothing. No GPS, graphics are horrible. If you like throwing money away, then you should jump all over this app.!! I only give it one star because you cannot give it any lower and still hit the submit button!
Pocket keep it there
Not as described does have pretty cool idea just won't load correctly . The part that does work is pretty cool but other apps that work correctly are worth the money
Bought the app cause it looked like a good app, but can't get any features to work?.??? Tried to contact support but get no where. They actually send you to a web site that is not theirs... Run away from this app....
- Category: Education
- Released: Dec 09, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 79.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Duan HuCai
- © AstronomyStudio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.