Pocket Informant - Day Planner with full GTD-style Tasks
By Web Information Solutions, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Informant is a professional day planner integrating calendaring and powerful task management, along with rich notes and contacts. Our users are passionate and rightfully so. Their calendars and tasks drive them to success and Pocket Informant helps them get there. Join the almost million users who depend on Pocket Informant daily and have for almost 15 years.
“Tried it all, and found the best. From functionality to support, I could not have asked for a better app!”
“This app is the reason I bought an iPad. I traded in my DayRunner and other tools because Informant covers them all.”
Works with your built-in calendar data, Google, Toodledo, Evernote or our own Informant Sync. FREE download includes 7-day trial of full feature-set. Requires one-time purchase in-app for full feature-set. This is a try-before-you-buy because we are confident that you will LOVE Pocket Informant!
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM (one-time purchase)
In addition to allowing unlimited calendars, Reminders and tasks, Premium includes the following:
• Print your calendar/tasks (list format)
• Sync with Google, Toodledo, and Evernote
• Airdrop, Email or Message your events, tasks & notes
• Rich Text Notes and Contact Management
• Task Smart Filters
• Type (or speak*) naturally! Simply enter phrases like “Coffee with Mom Tuesday at 8am”.
• TravelAssist™ helps manage the timezone mess! Let Informant automatically setup your timezones for you – both inside and outside your trip dates!
• Today Widget allows you to see and access your Informant data from your device home screen!
• Travel ETA to your next event
• Show Event Conflicts by Calendar
• Location Aware - PI suggests locations as you type. See today’s events plotted on a map. Tap to get driving directions to your events.
GET HOLIDAY AND OTHER CALENDARS: We've partnered with SchedJoules to offer you a huge selection of calendars that you can purchase from their calendar store (integrated into Informant): everything from Name Days, Holidays, Phases of the Moon, Sports Calendars, and more.
• Type (or speak*) naturally! Enter phrases like “Take out garbage every Friday at 8am”.
• Import Apple Reminders into any Project or Task List
• Checklists - for tasks that contain lists - like groceries, packing, etc.
• Fully integrated in the calendar - or as a separate view
• Filtering - several handy built-in filters or create your own Smart Filters.
• Templates - create templates that automatically pre-populate new tasks
• Task Modes - Simple, GTD, or Franklin Covey. Manage your tasks in your own way!
Automatically bring up templates and contacts as you enter an event or task title to setup meetings, calls, and more!
Link to phone numbers, addresses, email addresses for quick access
ADVANCED LOCATION SUPPORT
Get task alerts when you get near a custom area around your locations (geofencing) - or indoors using Apple’s iBeacon technology. Geofencing works great for outdoor locations – iBeacons handle the indoor locations!
Automatically change your Calendar or Task filters based on location
Planning a day out on the beach? Check the forecast on your calendar! Requires in-app purchase. Free trial included.
SYNC LETS YOU WORK OFFLINE
• Informant Sync - The best way to keep all your Informant data in sync across all your iOS & Android devices. Available as an in-app subscription.
• Google Calendar & Tasks (Premium Feature)
• Toodledo (Premium Feature)
• Evernote (Premium Feature)
• Access iPhone/iPad Events and Reminders directly
Several built-in themes to fit your style! Colors, icons, tags, and more!
SO MUCH MORE!
Check out our website (http://pocketinformant.com/) for more information!
If you have questions, please visit the links below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Dictation requires iPhone 4S or later, 5th gen iPod Touch or 3rd gen iPad or later
GTD and Getting Things Done are ® of the David Allen Company
What's New in Version 4.72
Continued fixes for iOS 7 customers
The Best Digital Organizer
I am an organization fanatic. I'm one of those people that bought a giant desk calendar every year in college and, after getting my class syllabuses, would sit down and plan out my entire semester. No papers late, ever.
When I wanted to employ this tactic after graduation, I wanted a digital solution. Pocket Informant gave me that answer. One of the things that sold me on it was the ability to see my entire month at a glance with the tasks/events written out in small text for each day. The native iOS cal just showed dots...how is that helpful? So, for me, it's like having a giant desk calendar on my phone. I've already recommended it to 3 other people, all of whom have purchased the app and like it a lot!
A word of caution, it will take you about 10-15 mins of playing around with the app to 1) Get used to it and 2) Get the settings the way you want. So do t get frustrated. Once I got my calendar view the way I wanted it, it was amazing! Color coordinated events/tasks based on the projects I work on, small text and colored cells on the month view that I can see at a glance. It fantastic!
Another feature I like is it syncs with iOS apps. My wife isn't in to organization like I am, and she is happy with the native iOS apps. So the shared iCloud family calendar syncs. I can add an event in Pocket I dormant and it will automatically show up in her shared calendar on her phone. A handy feature!
Too bad they cut me off
I love Pocket Informant. It may have been the first app I paid for; certainly the first non-$1 app. It's no DateBk5, but frankly, nothing on my iDevice lives up to the PalmPilot standard. But I digress.
PI will soon require iOS8. Which means no more updates, no more features, no more bug fixes for me. How can I recommend a product that just cuts off long-time users?
I probably won't replace PI. There isn't anything better. It's a great calendar. It does the job, quite admirably. I just can't recommend it anymore.
Great calendar app but recent issues
I have been using this app for a few years and it's real good for scheduling events and "to do" items. This app is more powerful than I need, so even more potential benefits for others. There are some issues with a recent update that are very annoying, most specifically I can no longer filter which categories show on the calendar without having to apply the filter every time I open the app. Company has been slow to respond to this issue which doesn't thrill me with a paid app! They "think" there may be a bug. Poor customer service and don't appear to be responding to a bug.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 4.72
- Size: 51.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Web Information Solutions, Inc.
- © 2001-2015 Web Information Solutions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Premium Upgrade$14.99
- Informant Sync 1 Year$14.99
- Holidays United States$0.99
- Moon Phases calendar$0.99
- Informant Sync 1 Month$4.99
- Religious holidays$0.99
- Calendars - Pro Football USA 2014-2015 edition$0.99
- Volume Purchase Premium Upgrade$6.99
- Calendars - Pro American Football Men United States 2015-2016 edition$0.99