Pocket Informant - Day Planner with full GTD-style Tasks
By Web Information Solutions, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Informant is a professional day planner integrating calendaring and powerful task management, along with rich notes and contacts. Our users are passionate and rightfully so. Their calendars and tasks drive them to success and Pocket Informant helps them get there. Join the almost million users who depend on Pocket Informant daily and have for almost 15 years.
“I have yet to see another calendar app do what this one does."
"Tasks are often associated with due dates anyways, so the fact that pocket informant allows you to show both events and tasks for any given day side-by-side is a big plus."
Works with your built-in calendar data, Google, Toodledo, Evernote or our own Informant Sync. FREE download includes 7-day trial of full feature-set. Requires one-time purchase in-app for full feature-set. This is a try-before-you-buy because we are confident that you will LOVE Pocket Informant!
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM (one-time purchase)
In addition to allowing unlimited calendars, Reminders and tasks, Premium includes the following:
• Print your calendar/tasks (list format)
• Sync with Google, Toodledo, and Evernote
• Airdrop, Email or Message your events, tasks & notes
• Rich Text Notes and Contact Management
• Type (or speak*) naturally! Simply enter phrases like “Coffee with Mom Tuesday at 8am”.
• TravelAssist™ helps manage the timezone mess! Let Informant automatically setup your timezones for you – both inside and outside your trip dates!
• Today Widget allows you to see and access your Informant data from your device home screen!
• Travel ETA to your next event
• Location Aware - PI suggests locations as you type. See today’s events plotted on a map. Tap to get driving directions to your events.
GET HOLIDAY AND OTHER CALENDARS: We've partnered with SchedJoules to offer you a huge selection of calendars that you can purchase from their calendar store (integrated into Informant): everything from Name Days, Holidays, Phases of the Moon, Sports Calendars, and more.
• Type (or speak*) naturally! Enter phrases like “Take out garbage every Friday at 8am”.
• Import Apple Reminders into any Project or Task List
• Checklists - for tasks that contain lists - like groceries, packing, etc.
• Fully integrated in the calendar - or as a separate view
• Filtering - several handy built-in filters or create your own Smart Filters.
• Templates - create templates that automatically pre-populate new tasks
• Task Modes - Simple, GTD, or Franklin Covey. Manage your tasks in your own way!
Automatically bring up templates and contacts as you enter an event or task title to setup meetings, calls, and more!
Link to phone numbers, addresses, email addresses for quick access
ADVANCED LOCATION SUPPORT
Get task alerts when you get near a custom area around your locations (geofencing) - or indoors using Apple’s iBeacon technology. Geofencing works great for outdoor locations – iBeacons handle the indoor locations!
Automatically change your Calendar or Task filters based on location
Planning a day out on the beach? Check the forecast on your calendar! Requires in-app purchase. Free trial included.
SYNC LETS YOU WORK OFFLINE
• Informant Sync - The best way to keep all your Informant data in sync across all your iOS & Android devices.
• Google Calendar & Tasks (Premium Feature)
• Toodledo (Premium Feature)
• Evernote (Premium Feature)
• Access iPhone/iPad Events and Reminders directly
Several built-in themes to fit your style! Colors, icons, tags, and more!
SO MUCH MORE!
Check out our website (http://pocketinformant.com/) for more information!
Check out this article for more information about Pocket Informant: http://tinyurl.com/pkx94zt
If you have questions, please visit the links below or send an email to email@example.com
*Dictation requires iPhone 4S or later, 5th gen iPod Touch or 3rd gen iPad or later
GTD and Getting Things Done are ® of the David Allen Company
What's New in Version 4.72
Continued fixes for iOS 7 customers
The Best Digital Organizer
I am an organization fanatic. I'm one of those people that bought a giant desk calendar every year in college and, after getting my class syllabuses, would sit down and plan out my entire semester. No papers late, ever.
When I wanted to employ this tactic after graduation, I wanted a digital solution. Pocket Informant gave me that answer. One of the things that sold me on it was the ability to see my entire month at a glance with the tasks/events written out in small text for each day. The native iOS cal just showed dots...how is that helpful? So, for me, it's like having a giant desk calendar on my phone. I've already recommended it to 3 other people, all of whom have purchased the app and like it a lot!
A word of caution, it will take you about 10-15 mins of playing around with the app to 1) Get used to it and 2) Get the settings the way you want. So do t get frustrated. Once I got my calendar view the way I wanted it, it was amazing! Color coordinated events/tasks based on the projects I work on, small text and colored cells on the month view that I can see at a glance. It fantastic!
Another feature I like is it syncs with iOS apps. My wife isn't in to organization like I am, and she is happy with the native iOS apps. So the shared iCloud family calendar syncs. I can add an event in Pocket I dormant and it will automatically show up in her shared calendar on her phone. A handy feature!
Best of its kind, but buggy
Punchline: a great app that manages to do all things well. A worthwhile investment if you're willing to put in the time to explore the settings.
I've been using this for about a week now, just long enough to get all my tasks, etc set up and to adjust the settings for my workflow. This app really has made me more productive. The focus view is great for my daily review, and I love the natural language input. I've also found that I like having my calendar, tasks, and notes together in a single app even more than I thought I would.
That said, I do have a few beefs with the app:
1. It's buggy. On both ipad and iphone, I've had multiple crashes a day. I have no doubt this will be ironed out, but it surprised me.
2. The calendar fonts are hard to read and the whole calendar aesthetic is, frankly, unattractive. Others like Calendars 5 are more aesthetically pleasing and readable. I hope PI takes a cue from them here.
3. Please allow us to enter multiple tasks from the quick entry bar. When I have several to enter, it's a pain to do the two finger swipe for each and every one.
The best work planner/organiser available. Flexible, quick, works. Truly useful. Has only a few usability gaffes. The most annoying one is if you enter a task on a date 6 weeks out, the app assumes that 6 weeks out is the end date and now is the start date and it puts the task into every day between now and then. You have to do a bunch of tap gymnastics to get around the defaults. Most of the time, I add the event, see the mess it made, then go in and change the start date manually.
I use this app every day for work and rely on it like my old paper planner. Can't imagine being without it anymore.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 4.72
- Size: 51.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Web Information Solutions, Inc.
- © 2001-2015 Web Information Solutions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Premium Upgrade$9.99
- Informant Sync 1 Year$14.99
- Holidays United States$0.99
- Moon Phases calendar$0.99
- Informant Sync 1 Month$4.99
- Religious holidays$0.99
- Volume Purchase Premium Upgrade$6.99
- Calendars - Pro Football USA 2014-2015 edition$0.99
- Calendars - Pro American Football Men United States 2015-2016 edition$0.99