PocketPharmacist - Drug Information, Interaction Checker, and Medication Organizer
By Danike, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Drug Information, Interaction Checker, and Medication Organizer
- Featuring Pharmacist summarized drug information on the top 1,550+ medications in the United States (growing each month).
- Featuring Med Check, the groundbreaking new way to automatically check for interactions, overlapping side effects and precautions.
- Featuring Med Box, the easiest to use medication organizer and reminder. Now with Walgreens integration! Easily refill your Walgreens prescriptions within Med Box.
- Featuring myDrugCosts℠, helping you make cost-informed decisions about prescription drugs.
- Created by a Clinical Pharmacist (Doctor of Pharmacy).
- Voted #1 Pharmacy App (best drug information app) by iPhone Life Magazine.
- 1,100+ user reviews averaging 4.5 out of 5.0 stars.
- Internet connection not required.
- Unbiased drug information (zero pharmaceutical sponsorship).
- Perfect for individuals, caregivers, physicians, nurses, students, and other healthcare professionals.
The founder of PocketPharmacist holds a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and is a licensed Pharmacist. Our primary goal is to to help people better understand and manage their (patient's) medications.
When we summarize a medication for PocketPharmacist, we are extremely careful to only include the information that we would want our families and friends to focus on. Therefore, you can be confident that you are not getting bogged down with unnecessary information.
Med Check, the latest addition to PocketPharmacist, is a groundbreaking new way to ensure medication compatibility. It automatically alerts you to potentially life-saving interactions, precautions and side effects for two or more medications. Best of all, Med Check is easy to use AND understand.
PocketPharmacist also features the easiest to use medication organizer, Med Box. Med Box keeps track of your medications, allergies, medical conditions, Doctors and pharmacies. It is great for:
- Organizing medication lists for your parents, your clients, or yourself.
- Setting alarms/reminders for when to take medications.
- Answering the age old question, "Did I already take/give ________?".
- Determining compatibility between current, or newly prescribed, medications.
For less than the price of a cup of coffee you can put a stop to medication confusion. Don't hesitate and download the best drug information app now!
For more information about the best drug info app, visit danike.com
What's New in Version 3.2.4
- Med Box Pharmacy and Provider fields are now editable (some users may have noticed the absence of a keyboard when trying to edit these records)
Forgets meds, quick checks against prescriptions impossible
The list of your meds cannot check against temp OTC meds for interactions. You either must manually reenter all of your meds on the interactions page (no way to pull in your list of meds) or enter the temp meds as permanent meds in your med list before you can check interactions. Worst part is, restarting the app (or device) clears the list of meds in the interactions list, so you have to reenter all of them all over again. So not really feasible for occasionally checking cold meds (for example) against your list of everyday meds. Annoying if you're on a few prescribed meds and want to check interactions with OTC meds from time to time. If this automatically checked items you enter in Interactions against your current med list...OR let you manually pull in your current meds into the Interactions list...OR let you do quick temp adds when you run interaction checks from your current med list... Then this would be usable. As it is, if you take more than a few prescribed meds and want to check OTC stuff for interactions from time to time, it's pretty horrible.
I work in psychiatry. Finally a worthy app.
Excellent app. I have had it for about three months now. It is I hard to find an app that has through info on psych meds. Most apps say everything is for psychosis which is a non specific term. I use this app. daily. More than I use my Davis. The drug interaction section is great. That is the main reason I got it. It is simple, quick. Easy to learn and easy to use. The search results are brief, concise and to the point. It does not give you all of the unnecessary details a drug book like Davis gives. The owner is responsive. I make some suggestions pertaining to psych. Meds and he added them to the app. Waiting for new suggestions to be added. This is a great app to use together with your Davis or whatever drug book you use. Great for students and other health care workers who manage meds.
Nothing but awesome!
I bought this app last week after I became very frustrated learning about a family member's medications and interactions. It immediately helped us understand each medication better, how they work, how they interact and how they affect a person. I love the med check feature since it lets u know what the meds may be causing and what's worse or better.... Or has less effects. All other features such as patient's and prescribers information are great as well. This is the best $1.99 I ever spent :)
I would pay for an app that shows a graph of half lifes of certain medications accumulate in the body over time and the net effect of half lifes of regular pills really add up in the body in any given time.
I would hope that his app adds this feature. For example, if the doctor prescribes a medication twice a day but it's half life is 30 hours, does it make sense to take it twice a day since the net concentration of the medication would naturally be increasing with such a long half life?
Sometimes docs are not aware of all the details and u have to check them out urself!!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 27, 2013
- Version: 3.2.4
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Danike, Inc.
- © 2012 Danike, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.