The complete race timing software you can hold in your hand - time and score races, and post results directly to the web in real time! Use it for any kind of race - running, cycling, rowing, whatever!
o Easy timing with large on-screen buttons to enter bib#'s of finishers.
o Finisher name is displayed as soon as bib# is entered, allowing for announcing of finishers.
o Scoring by overall finish, by sex, and by category (age group etc.)
o Ability to exclude top finishers from division placings
o Optional scoring of masters division, with optional exclusion of those top finishers from further division placings
o Groups and/or individuals can be given handicaps to adjust for different starting times. Perfect for wave start triathlons, cycling time trials, ultramarathons with early starters, and more.
o Setup of categories and racer information can be done on the iPhone, or downloaded from a text file.
o Multiple races can even be timed simultaneously!
o Full results (including sex and age group results) can be uploaded to the web in the background (or emailed as an attachment) while the race and recording of additional finishers is continuing.
o Results include pace (in min/mile or min/km) or speed (in mph or kph).
o For users familiar with our Palm version, PocketTimer Pro for the iPhone/iPod Touch combines the functionality of PocketTimer, RaceBase, and Race Announcer, all in one easy-to-use piece of software!
Watch a QuickTime movie demonstrating the complete functionality of the software at http://www.stevenscreek.com/iPhone/videos/PocketTimerPro.mov
Read the complete manual online at http://www.stevenscreek.com/iPhone/manuals/pockettimerpro.htm
5.0 added compatibility with new Dropbox API and iOS 11; 5.0.1 fixes a bug which could crash when trying to modify a recorded time or bib number.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Product. I only wish it was capable of doing five other things.
1) Please add a feature that allows you to put upcoming finishers in a list, that way a volunteer can call out numbers as they approach the finish. Timers can then line up their numbers in a queue and then hit record as each one finishes. Sometimes it's tough to see numbers in a group as they all finish at once.
2) I wish there was a place to do splits and/or different sports as in Triathlons and Duathlons.
3) Also I wish there was a feature that allowed you to choose to not display the overall or to only display it. Right now it displays OVERALL, GENDER, and AGE Divisions. It would be nice to have a choice of whether or not you want 1, 2, or all of those instead of being forced to get a list of results with all of them. It's a bit much at times.
4) I wish there was an option to take overall winners and remove them from their age groups. This can be done manually when the list is printed BUT it'd still be a nice option.
5) Lastly I don't see a Masters option in the results. That'd be nice.
Even with these 5+ fixes it's still a GREAT product!!!
Not nearly as good as the Palm OS version
First of all, I love this product - at least the Palm OS version. I race direct triathlons for our club and have been using the Palm OS version of this for a while. So I was excited to see it ported over to the iPhone. Unfortunately, it leaves a lot to be desired. It would be great if the app integrated with the Apple Address Book for importing participant data. Sure you can export as a text file, but that's a workaround. The biggest let down is the inability of this product to convert the lap times to splits. Even with the Palm OS, this was quite a cumbersome process (post-race). After converting the laps to splits, you had to look at each bib number and then find that corresponding bib in your overall standings. Things get really hairy when someone DNFs. Then you have to find the number and delete it so it doesn't screw up your standings.
I'm still a fan of this product, but for all practical purposes I will have to still use my Palm OS version to time my races. Hopefully the developer can address the two concerns I have with this app.
I used this app on an IPad at 2x to time 4 races in three days. It worked perfectly. Results were flawless and saved me many hours of figuring results. The racers were very happy to be able to see their results instantly. It is a little geeky to download information to but it was easy to email results to myself for printing. It took less than an hour to set up the information for each race manually.
When timing a criterium where racers were doing multiple laps it was not feasible to try and time each racer every time around instead I assigned a the number 0 to the pack and put that number in a separate category and put all of the numbers of the race separated by a comma in the name field. This way I only had to time the group once and time individual riders only when they left the pack when they broke away or got dropped and on the finishing lap.
This app is very well thought out and flexible and can be adapted to many different race situations.
Things that I would like to see in future versions
The ability to download information from a spread sheet instead of a text file
Information on how to upload results to a public dropbox folder or a pogo plug public folder on the web
- Stevens Creek Software LLC
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Stevens Creek Software 2008-2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.