Poison-202 Vintage Synthesizer
By Dmitrij Pavlov
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
What reviewers and users say:
"This is a very solid virtual synth that, sonically, punches well above its asking price" - musicappblog
"Man this sounds good, full of rich goodness from the days of analog yore" - thesoundtestroom
"I've not beed this 'exited' about a synth app in a very, very long time" - Samuel Lindeman, experienced iOS musician
"Amazing, from vintage to most modern. This synth sounds great. It is going to be top of the list for apps I use at live shows" - App Store review
"This is the best $10 I've spent in a long time. I'm actually excited over what I will be able to do with Poison 202!" - App Store review
"This is the best synth. Better than any soft synth or even hardware" - App Store review
Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80's and 90's and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre! Check out the Presets Demo video:
The library of 420 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module!
• Audio Unit Extension (AUv3) support
• Audiobus support
• Inter-App Audio support
• Virtual Midi support
• can work either as standalone synth app, or as plug-in inside Cubasis, Garage Band, AUM, ModStep and other hosts
• 2 oscillators, 5 waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
• one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
• additional sub oscillator + noise generator
• 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
• 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
• It is possible to pair two 12 dB filters to get one 24 dB/oct filter
• Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
• Ring, Sync, PW, XFM oscillator modulation
• 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
• LFO's and Delay tempo sync
• LFO cross-modulation
• 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (S&H)
• 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
• 3-band EQ for each patch
• Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
• Master brickwall Limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Series
• Portamento, Solo playing mode with Legato switch
• Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range
• Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
• Arpeggiator with 6 modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
• Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
• Voice polyphony up to 24 (device dependent)
• Up to 300 user presets to store
• Import/Export user preset banks via iTunes File Sharing
• Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control and Hold button
• Show Oscillogram feature
• Midi Learn feature
• Arabic quarter-tone microtuning option
• iPhone 4S and up
• iPad 2 and up
Poison-202 support page:
What's New in Version 2.1
- bug fixed, which could cause improper storing of the LFO1 Rate parameter value in Poison Audio Units;
- bug fixed, which could led Poison Audio Units to crash when using with Garage Band Live Loops;
- 11 new presets added (presets C90 - C99, and E30).
P.S. Respect to everyone for your great reviews on the App Store!
I held off on getting this synth because I heard that it was just aimed at the EDM crowd. I'm sure it's very useful for EDM but I'm a blues based rock guitarist.
I bought it just to try something different. I'm sorry I waited.
This is an amazing synthesizer that is useful across the board. Blues, rock, jazz, all kinds of electronica... it'll work great. I can't imagine where the synth could not fit in. Got a 120 piece orchestra and you need a little synthesizer mixed in? This will do it!
The best part about it is that it's pretty straightforward. It's like having a synthesizer with all the knobs presented before you with no digital menus to dive into. Start tweaking sounds and have fun. That's it. I didn't even have to download a manual.
If you never used the synthesizer in your life then this is a good starting point. Just start turning the knobs to see what they do and you'll learn pretty much everything you need to know about how synthesizers work because it's all here. Once you've learned it there are more complex "advanced classes" elsewhere on the App Store.
I’ve spent a bunch of $ on music apps. I’d rate this synth in my top 5% in music apps, and probably my top 2% in synths. This, Animoog and Moog Model 15 are all iPad must-haves. Great useful presets. I feel like instead of a bunch of random ‘here’s what you can do’ presets, they are a lot of really good starting points for things that you need. Kudos for including presets from some well known internet music personalities. I’ve spent hours exploring and creating. Stable and functional with daws as well.
One of the best!
I'm being fair! This is by far one of the best if not the best old school synth apps out there! The sounds are incredible and in some cases out of this world! The interface is very user friendly and easy to tweak sounds to create your own custom sounds. I went ahead and committed to 5 stars! Update to my initial review...Poison is compatible with Audiobus!!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 13, 2017
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dmitrij Pavlov
- © 2016-2017 JimAudio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.