Pomodoro Timer: Focus on your productivity and beat procrastination using the Pomodoro Technique
By Nasa Trained Monkeys
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pomodoro Timer helps you boost your productivity using the Pomodoro Technique™, one of the most effective time management methods out there. Not only will you get a fully configurable timer that lets you customize every aspect of the technique, but you will also enjoy a clear and beautiful user interface.
There are five basic steps to implementing the technique:
1) Decide on the task to be done
2) Set the pomodoro (timer) to 25 minutes
3) Work on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (3-5 minutes)
5) Take a longer break (15–30 minutes) every four "pomodori"
With this app you can:
• Set your target number of pomodoros per day
• Choose your alarm sound from 6 harmonious and clear sounds, or just leave it muted
• Customize the pomodoro length.
• Customize the short and long break length
• Turn ticking sound on/off. Ticking continues playing when the app is in background if you want to.
• Choose how many pomodoros you want to do between long breaks
• Restart your daily progress by hand or automatically at midnight
• Start/pause/stop the current timer
And of course… you can close the app whenever you want, and you will receive notifications when your break time is up or you have finished your pomodoro.
It's time for you to earn those breaks and get to work NOW!
*** LEGAL NOTICE ***
Pomodoro™ and The Pomodoro Technique™ are trademarks of Francesco Cirillo. This application is not affiliated or associated with or endorsed by Pomodoro™, The Pomodoro Technique™ or Francesco Cirillo.
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL POMODORO™ TIMER APPLICATION.
What's New in Version 1.6
As suggested by multiple users, you can now disable the auto-start of the next Pomodoro right from the settings screen.
Keep the feedback coming!
Really 4.6 but I rounded up
Overall the tool delivers. I am in the middle of a demanding eMBA program. Beyond food, sleep and work, study must be fit in. The pomodoro app helps me keep pace after 8 hour day at work with a great cadence of work then breaks.. And keeps me honest in amount of work dedicated to studying..
The -.4 is that it really needs a way to share your weekly or monthly work input and to tag the work as "school" or "work" or "training" so you could track projects in a lite but meaningful way..
Petty, but I rounded up and give a 5 stars as the UI is clean and features are easy to use..
I have one request
I would completely rate this a five. The app is beautiful, and it does the job really well. I feel good knowing that the work I have done is truly productive. However, I think you can work on a feature to aggregate data on the number of pomodoro s completed per day, so that we can keep track of it over weeks and months. Also possibly gamifying it more by giving badges if you reach a certain number of pomodoros in a week or a month and over time. That would really make this an even more worthy app. I love the work being put in so far, but there is so much more great stuff to be done! :)
Great app with one complaint
Overall, I like the simple layout, the screen lock feature, and the ability to change all of the interval times, even specifying how frequently long breaks occur. Of the pomodoro iPad apps that I've tried, this is my favorite. That being said, there is a feature that I have with a different pomodoro app for my MacBook Pro that I miss quite a bit when I work on my iPad. If this app had the option to display a timer on the bar at the top of the screen, I would give it 5 stars. It's a pain sometimes to go between apps to see what the timer is on.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 08, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Matias Pan
- © 2014 Cannonball HQ
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.