Getting pictures, videos, and other files from your computer onto your phone should be quick and painless. Portal helps by making it as easy as drag and drop.
Files are transferred over your WiFi connection which mean they don't count toward your mobile data limit. This also means files are transferred very quickly (even if they're over 1 GB in size).
* Transfer individual files, multiple files, or entire folders at once
* Easily browse, open, or share the files you've put on your phone
* Use your files in your other apps with our Document Provider Extension
* Pictures transferred with Portal are automatically saved into your gallery
We're really happy that everyone is enjoying Portal for iOS. If you have a minute please leave us a review and don't forget to tell your friends!
We noticed some issues with iOS 9. Unfortunately the app was in review for a long time so we weren't able to submit a fix for this earlier. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org whenever an issue like this arrises, or if you have any questions or other feedback!
* This update should fix the iOS 9 crashes! Yey!
* Fixes the disconnect immediately after scanning, making it impossible to stay connected and transfer files
* Using the "Open In..." and "Share" actions with files you've transferred? Those should work without issue now! Sorry about the crash. IF you haven't tried these out yet try long-pressing on a file!
Thanks for reading!
Ratings and Reviews
I'm only writing this because of the low ratings. It works great and does everything it claims. It's as fast and it's easier than using iTunes to move files. Idk why the hate, it's amazing, and especially since it's a free app. I do wish it could go from device to computer but it never claimed to do so either. What it does do works flawlessly.
My new favorite transferring app!
Holy Mackerel with Heavenly Tarter Sauce! Where have you been all my life Portal? Drop it into the Portal Website and BOOM....it’s on my iPhone. Medieval people would have called it sorcery and burned the developers at the stake, I’m a little more laid back and would just call them awesome! Thanks for the app you wonder working wizards!
Nice app, still pretty new
Works pretty well for me, transferred a couple PDFs to my iPod flawlessly. However it doesn't seem to be able to import the PDFs into iBooks(they're quite large PDFs too, which takes a while to open in this app). Also there isn't a menu (or I couldn't find one) to delete the files I transferred.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.