Procoding - Coding with Style
By Michael Markert
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Winner of the FWA Mobile Of The Day (MOTD) Award! ***
New in version 3.5 +++ Local Webserver: preview sketches anywhere in your local network +++ New in version 3 +++ iOS 7 redesign +++ brand new editor +++ New in version 2.5 +++ Resource Manager: add images, additional code and media resources to sketches +++ Export as HTML5 stand-alone project folder and run your sketches on any modern web browser. +++ A full list of new features and improvements can be found inside the app.
· Full featured code editor with syntax highlighting, autocompletion, find & replace, syntax themes and coding keybar for frequently used keys
· iCloud sync across all your devices, incl. Procoding for OS X (available separately on the Mac App Store)
· Add images, sounds, custom fonts, HTML, JS libraries and additional code (classes) with the Resource Manager
· Export as HTML5 project folder: run your sketches stand-alone without Procoding
· PDE and JS File import/export via Dropbox, iTunes Sharing & E-Mail
· Save screenshots to your camera roll and keep individual covers for your sketches
· Embedded Web Server: you can preview the current sketch from any browser in your local network (WiFi required)
· Universal binary, individually optimized for iPhone & iPad, landscape or portrait
· Retina optimized for high resolution displays (incl. your sketches)
· Supports processing-mobile (Accelerator, Gyroscope, Multitouch)
· Supports input from virtual keyboard
· Exciting demo sketches included, e.g. shows how to use multitouch, geolocation, device motion ...
· Created with love <3
· 3D (P3D) and WebGL require iOS 8
· No external processing libraries
· Modified processing.js source code and additional reference documentation available on github.com/audiocommander/processing-js
· iPad, iPad mini, iPhone (incl. iPhone 6) or iPod Touch
· iOS 7 or iOS 8 (recommended)
What's New in Version 3.5.1
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- New Feedback Panels (HUD)
- Sketch name prompt for new sketches
- Fixed webserver issue after toggling Bonjour service without app restart
- Improved iCloud handling, sketch library index query
- Fixed blocked interface when opening unloaded iCloud sketches
- Many iPad related bug fixes on iOS8, e.g. missing import/export sheets
- Fixed syntax theme change not applying instantly
- Fixing d3 import
- New editor preference to hide the navigation bar while editing (iPhone/iPod Touch only)
In case you missed the latest features of Version 3.5:
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support
- Bonjour Web Preview: You can preview the current sketch with any browser in your local network (WiFi required). More info and your device's URL can be found in the general settings
- WebGL & 3D enabled (iOS 8 only)
- New DrawPad Demo Sketch (restore demo sketches if you're updating, existing sketches won't get overwritten)
- Many Bug Fixes
- This is most likely the last version to support iOS 7 in order to make use of the new and faster iOS 8 WebView
Application Requires Update!
Hardware: iPad Mini 2
OS: iOS 8.3
I purchased this app in December 2014, and it worked as expected with no issues. However, with subsequent iOS updates, functionality suffered, and as of the most recent iOS update, this app is no longer functional.
NOTE: I also use this application on my Mac Mini (late 2012; latest version of OS X); and it works great. I know the Processing app for Mac OS X is free, but this application is worth looking into.
Slow and buggy
I've tried to find an app for Processing to code outside my computer area, but I'm convinced it just doesn't exist for the iPad.
This iteration has decent keyboard support (unlike the native processing app), but everything lags on my iPad 3. Some commands are ignored (size) which makes composition on a custom background impossible. The text area flashes and doesn't seem to have any indication for toggling and going back to the editor might end up with garbled code. If it were free it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 17, 2014
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Markert
- © Michael Markert, audiocommander.de
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.