Procoding - Coding with Style
By Michael Markert
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Winner of the FWA Mobile Of The Day (MOTD) Award! ***
New in version 3.5 +++ Local Webserver: preview sketches anywhere in your local network +++ New in version 3 +++ iOS 7 redesign +++ brand new editor +++ New in version 2.5 +++ Resource Manager: add images, additional code and media resources to sketches +++ Export as HTML5 stand-alone project folder and run your sketches on any modern web browser. +++ A full list of new features and improvements can be found inside the app.
· Full featured code editor with syntax highlighting, autocompletion, find & replace, syntax themes and coding keybar for frequently used keys
· iCloud sync across all your devices, incl. Procoding for OS X (available separately on the Mac App Store)
· Add images, sounds, custom fonts, HTML, JS libraries and additional code (classes) with the Resource Manager
· Export as HTML5 project folder: run your sketches stand-alone without Procoding
· PDE and JS File import/export via Dropbox, iTunes Sharing & E-Mail
· Save screenshots to your camera roll and keep individual covers for your sketches
· Embedded Web Server: you can preview the current sketch from any browser in your local network (WiFi required)
· Universal binary, individually optimized for iPhone & iPad, landscape or portrait
· Retina optimized for high resolution displays (incl. your sketches)
· Supports processing-mobile (Accelerator, Gyroscope, Multitouch)
· Supports input from virtual keyboard
· Exciting demo sketches included, e.g. shows how to use multitouch, geolocation, device motion ...
· Created with love <3
· 3D (P3D) and WebGL require iOS 8
· No external processing libraries
· Modified processing.js source code and additional reference documentation available on github.com/audiocommander/processing-js
· iPad, iPad mini, iPhone (incl. iPhone 6) or iPod Touch
· iOS 7 or iOS 8 (recommended)
What's New in Version 3.5.2
- Handoff previews: open a preview of your sketch with Safari on any of your devices near you supporting Continuity (iOS 8 and BluetoothLE enabled devices required)
- iCloud Drive support
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Fixed file preview and open in actions on iPads running iOS 8
- Minor Webserver preview improvements
- Fixed Processing Syntax Checker not hiding
- Improved popover response time
- Fixed TypoPad demo (due to discontinued Yahoo Pipes)
- Fixed a potential crash when Dropbox Authentication failed on startup
- The iCloud Container is now exposed to iCloud Drive (please back up your data!)
In case you missed the latest features of Version 3.5:
- Bonjour Web Preview: You can preview the current sketch with any browser in your local network (WiFi required). More info and your device's URL can be found in the general settings
- WebGL & 3D enabled (iOS 8 only)
- This is most likely the last version to support iOS 7 in order to make use of the new and faster iOS 8 WebView
Used to be great!
For quite a while, Procoding has been my go-to tool for learning Processing on the go. After upgrading to IOS9, the app now crashes 100% of time - usually within writing the first two or 3 lines. Please fix!
It doesn't appear to have good Dropbox support, or even good support for folders. I can only import a file if it is not in a sub folder.
Crashes and Barely Works
When I created a new program, I started to type a line, but then I had to backspace. When I backspaced, the app crashed. Also, when I type my code and see the result, I only see my result for a fraction of a second and then it disappears. Would not recommend. And, please fix these crashes and bugs!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 01, 2015
- Version: 3.5.2
- Size: 55.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Markert
- © Michael Markert, audiocommander.de
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.