Pregnancy & Baby | What to Expect
By Everyday Health, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the world's most trusted pregnancy brand "What to Expect When You're Expecting", this app guides you through pregnancy day-by-day and week-by-week (even hour-by-hour!) on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Based on your due date, you'll receive personalized content, the latest parenting news and health information, and access to a tight-knit community of other parents and moms-to-be like you. You’ll get tools and support to help you prepare and feel in control every step of the way – helping you achieve a happy, healthy pregnancy. Once baby is born, you’ll get answers, advice, and guidance as you navigate life as a new parent.
· Personalized daily tracker shows your week and day of pregnancy, baby's development measured in fruit sizes, and a countdown to your due date
· The What to Expect Pregnancy Clock for Apple Watch - with daily countdowns to clock your progress, useful, actionable tips synchronized to the time of day, and weekly information about your baby’s growth.
· Emotional support in a personalized, daily feed with fresh curated content including pregnancy tips, reasons to smile every day, health news, and passionate stories from real parents
· Beautiful, clear, and informative week-by-week development info, helping you understand your changing body and the latest on baby's development through each stage
· Week-by-week pregnancy videos help you understand your changing body and the latest on baby's development through each stage
· Community photo sharing lets you connect with other moms in a whole new way – sharing photos, stories, advice in real-time, and arranging meet-ups with moms like you.
· Find the right group for you based on your birth month, location, interest, medical condition, parenting style, and more!
We appreciate your feedback and we're working hard to bring you even more updates soon. Go to Settings > Send Us Feedback to submit your suggestions, fun ideas and bug reports - we'd love your help building the best app experience possible for What to Expect users.
What's New in Version 6.4.1
With this update we’re happy to introduce the What to Expect Pregnancy Clock for Apple Watch - with daily countdowns to clock your progress, useful, actionable tips synchronized to the time of day, and weekly information about your baby’s growth. From the wondrous first trimester moment of conception to the dizzying days of second trimester excitement, and the final weeks of third trimester preparation and anticipation. What to Expect is right there with you through the big day and beyond - on iPhone, iPad, and now, Apple Watch.
- Community improvements: It’s easier to see @replies to you. You can ignore other users; view posts and images on your iPad; and navigate your groups more smoothly on iPhone and iPad.
- We appreciate your feedback and are working hard to bring you even more updates soon. Go to [Settings > Send Us Feedback] to submit your suggestions and bug reports. We’d love your help building the best app experience out there.
This must be a joke
Let me start out first by saying I'm going to be hypercritical. I can't even bear to look at this woman. Her overly-plumped lips are unnatural. Sure she wrote the acclaimed "What to Expect Book" but her unctuous tone is patronizing. That being said, I could deal with her tone if she didn't say things that had no scientific merit. Specifics...week 29 she says "twice a day, lay down, on your left side, and count how many movements you baby has in an hour. That is what you are looking for." Let me start with the most obvious...what mom/expecting mom has two hours a day to count how many times her baby moves? And more importantly if you have time to do this mundane task what does it mean? What if my baby kicked only 2 times? Do I see a doctor? What if they kick 20 times? Are they going to be ADHD? I understand being pregnant is a business but this is ridiculous...take care of yourself, exercise, eat healthy. But finding things to keep expecting moms busy/engaged and providing nonsensical advice is beyond troubling.
Overall Extremely Helpful App, Especially for FTMs
If you're an FTM, this app is extremely valuable and offers practical, helpful advice without being overwhelming. I love how I can get a few quick tips, articles and message board posts every morning when I open the app. The weekly videos are also so much fun to look forward to and help you understand (and get excited!) about the little one growing inside you. The only reason I didn't give this five stars is because the photo journal isn't very user-friendly (hard to re-size photos and you can't delete a photo once you've uploaded it). I wish they would fix this. Also, I would prefer the option to just write in the journal instead of always having to upload a picture.
Somewhat helpful, addictive and offensive.
I'm on 4 pregnancy boards and as a third time mom this app has been somewhat helpful though for a FTM it could create even more anxiety because there is always a new scare being discussed. This app has definitely been addictive like fb or Instagram. I find myself checking in often to see how crisis' have resolved or petty cat fights escalated. The negative of this app is definitely the rude and offensive comments left by women who are just rude and offensive simply because they can be. It's unnecessary but they get a kick out of being mean. That was pretty surprising to me. All in all one can find some non professional advice, one can expect a certain level of support, and certainly plenty of hormonal nastiness. You're better off bouncing thoughts and concerns off your girlfriends who know you best. Heidi Murkoff might be horrified if she only knew the crazy on her WTE pregnancy boards!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 6.4.1
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Everyday Health, Inc.
- Copyright © 2014 Everyday Health, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.