Pregnancy & Baby | What to Expect
By Everyday Health, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the world's most trusted pregnancy brand "What to Expect When You're Expecting", this app guides you through pregnancy day-by-day and week-by-week (even hour-by-hour!) on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Based on your due date, you'll receive personalized content, the latest parenting news and health information, and access to a tight-knit community of other parents and moms-to-be like you. You’ll get tools and support to help you prepare and feel in control every step of the way – helping you achieve a happy, healthy pregnancy. Once baby is born, you’ll get answers, advice, and guidance as you navigate life as a new parent.
· Personalized daily tracker shows your week and day of pregnancy, baby's development measured in fruit sizes, and a countdown to your due date
· The What to Expect Pregnancy Clock for Apple Watch - with daily countdowns to clock your progress, useful, actionable tips synchronized to the time of day, and weekly information about your baby’s growth.
· Emotional support in a personalized, daily feed with fresh curated content including pregnancy tips, reasons to smile every day, health news, and passionate stories from real parents
· Beautiful, clear, and informative week-by-week development info, helping you understand your changing body and the latest on baby's development through each stage
· Week-by-week pregnancy videos help you understand your changing body and the latest on baby's development through each stage
· Community photo sharing lets you connect with other moms in a whole new way – sharing photos, stories, advice in real-time, and arranging meet-ups with moms like you.
· Find the right group for you based on your birth month, location, interest, medical condition, parenting style, and more!
We appreciate your feedback and we're working hard to bring you even more updates soon. Go to Settings > Send Us Feedback to submit your suggestions, fun ideas and bug reports - we'd love your help building the best app experience possible for What to Expect users.
What's New in Version 6.4.1
With this update we’re happy to introduce the What to Expect Pregnancy Clock for Apple Watch - with daily countdowns to clock your progress, useful, actionable tips synchronized to the time of day, and weekly information about your baby’s growth. From the wondrous first trimester moment of conception to the dizzying days of second trimester excitement, and the final weeks of third trimester preparation and anticipation. What to Expect is right there with you through the big day and beyond - on iPhone, iPad, and now, Apple Watch.
- Community improvements: It’s easier to see @replies to you. You can ignore other users; view posts and images on your iPad; and navigate your groups more smoothly on iPhone and iPad.
- We appreciate your feedback and are working hard to bring you even more updates soon. Go to [Settings > Send Us Feedback] to submit your suggestions and bug reports. We’d love your help building the best app experience out there.
Overall Extremely Helpful App, Especially for FTMs
If you're an FTM, this app is extremely valuable and offers practical, helpful advice without being overwhelming. I love how I can get a few quick tips, articles and message board posts every morning when I open the app. The weekly videos are also so much fun to look forward to and help you understand (and get excited!) about the little one growing inside you. The only reason I didn't give this five stars is because the photo journal isn't very user-friendly (hard to re-size photos and you can't delete a photo once you've uploaded it). I wish they would fix this. Also, I would prefer the option to just write in the journal instead of always having to upload a picture.
I love this app. Every day there are great articles, tips and information about each stage of pregnancy. I feel like they always come right when I need them too...I start feeling my lower back hurt, and out comes an article about alleviating lower back pain - I love it.
There are weekly videos which discuss the big developmental milestones the babies are hitting this week, which is great. I really feel in tune with my babies' growth.
One of my favorite things is also the discussion forums for moms. It's a great tool to ask for feedback or advice from other moms. I use it pretty much daily!
All looks no substance
What to expect when expecting is a great book. However I think this app is nothing but a scam. They look pretty, sure. But I get no real use out of it. Daily readings are subjective and dull. I find some of the information to be untrue/bias/opinionated. They flood my email inbox with useless crap. I have 'unsubscribed' numerous times. It leads you to their website where it says you have 'successfully unsubscribed' but continue to send useless emails... Forever. Whether or not you have a miscarriage or have long-since not been pregnant.
In summary, there are much much better apps out there with real information, real ways to track symptoms, weight, exercise, milestones etc.
If your into this app, you probably haven't seen what else is out there for free.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 6.4.1
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Everyday Health, Inc.
- Copyright © 2014 Everyday Health, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.