Printer Pro - Print documents, photos, emails
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Print attachments, documents, web pages and more right from your iPhone and iPad to any Wi-Fi or USB printer.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY - just download free Printer Pro Lite to check how our application works with your printer.
Printer Pro lets you wirelessly print from the iPhone or iPad. It can print directly to many Wi-Fi printers or any printer attached to your Mac or PC via helper application installed on your computer.
Once installed, Printer Pro appears in the "Open In..." list on your device. This lets you print documents from Mail, PDF Expert and many other applications on your iPhone or iPad that support this function.
Using "Open In..." approach you can print files from many popular online storages: Dropbox and Google Drive. It just a matter of several taps to download your file via free Dropbox or Google Drive application and send it to printer.
To print a web page, just change "http" to "phttp" in the address bar in Safari and tap Go. The page will immediately be opened in the Printer Pro with print button right above your finger. You can print web based documents as well using this approach.
With Printer Pro you can print:
- Email Attachments
- iWork documents
- Web pages
- Files from other applications
- Clipboard content
- Documents on Dropbox and Google Drive
◆ Printer Pro Desktop
Get the free helper application for your computer to print more document types and with better quality. You can download it at www.readdle.com/printerpro
◆ List of supported document formats
PDF, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, TXT, HTML, JPG, Safari webarchive
Feel free to contact us If you have any suggestions, questions or issues at http://readdle.com/contact
What's New in Version 5.4.10
+ iOS 10 Compatibility. Printer Pro is fully compatible with iOS 10 now.
+ General performance and stability improvements.
Thank you for using Printer Pro! If you have a moment to leave a review in the App Store we would really appreciate it.
An essential utility, highly recommended
While there are other apps which can do some of the things Printer Pro can do, I find that Printer Pro is a jack of all trades and very useful. I'll explain what I personally like about it.
1) With a Windows PC running at home configured for my OKI laser printer as a network printer, by installing a small agent on the Windows PC I can send print jobs from my iPhone or iPad to my printer via Printer Pro even when I'm not at home on my home network.
2) It's a great "Print to PDF" utility as well in fact that's the original reason I bought it years ago. Sure, iBooks now also supports print to PDF now, but I still find myself using Printer Pro more often.
3) Sometimes you just want to save a portion of a web page to a PDF -- with Printer Pro you can "paste" whatever is on clipboard and print just that (to printer, or to PDF). I use that for saving just the "guts" of a web page without the ads.
4) By default, without Printer Pro, when you print a PDF file to an AirPrint printer you have no control over the layout. For example a landscape PDF might get squished to a portrait layout. Or you may need to "print actual size" instead of scale to fit. When using Printer Pro you get lots of printing options like actual size, scale to fit, landscape/portrait, multiple pages per sheet, etc. I manage my PDFs with Goodreader, but when I need to print them I often open them in Printer Pro for better control.
Makes printing out colouring pages for the kids easy as I can adjust number up, rotation, etc... I also use while processing emails away from my desk and save the queued up documents for printing when I get home. Very happy user on iPad 2 running iOS 8. I cannot get my HP Photosmart 6510 to print scaled down from A4 to A5 from this app (or any other I've tried). I blame this on the printer. All other features work great.
Update: New Epson printer and now can print to A5. Best feature is being able to print 2-up, 4-up, etc... Missing are ability to choose B&W or Color, draft mode and double-sided. I fill these features in with AirPrint and the Epson printer app. Would love to have it all in one place.
Horrible Printing Application
Firstly, I am a huge fan of Readdle. Quite frankly, they are probably one of the most innovative companies introduced to the App Store. I own every app they have created. Printer Pro seems rushed to me. It's unpolished and extremely buggy. It does not perform well w/ my iPad Pro and it's features fall flat to Apple's pre-installed Air Print version.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this program several times, but I am still left w/ printing errors. For example, the app will unilaterally increase the font in certain areas of my paper will I select print. It doesn't matter the size of the paper, or what I am printing - it is hugely frustrating. The only work around is to convert the paper to a PDF, which defeats the purpose having a printing app to begin with.
I regret having to issue this review because I am a huge fan, but this application drives me bonkers. ~ Readdle, please fix it!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 29, 2016
- Version: 5.4.10
- Size: 98.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Igor Zhadanov
- © 2010-2016 Readdle Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.