Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Color support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Color Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolor
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favorite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
Just a Quick visit to keep you in Shape.
- We've spend time strengthening our core and you should see improvements to your stability.
- The Feather slider in Selections has been doing leg day, and can now keep up with you.
- An Undone Selection will no longer come back to bite you like yesterday's workout.
- Recolor gave up after a single rep. Weak.
- We've included improvements to translations, so you can be the best version of yourself in any language.
- Whenever you Resized, you'd lose Perspective. Now you can keep your goals in sight, no matter what size you are.
- The Drawing Guide keypad didn't even lift.
- Immediately moving an imported Brush Set would crash. We've told it to stretch first.
- Whether your canvas is smol or swol, you can always look back on your progress with these fixes to Time-lapse Replay.
- When you went full screen your bottom toolbar was always visible. We strongly believe that you should always have full control over when your bottom can be seen.
Phew, hope we'll be able to walk tomorrow. Let us know how you feel with a review on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Awesome but the blending is hard
I love using Procreate for my art! I’ve learned to use it and honestly it’s great for digital art. But the one problem I do have with it is it’s kinda hard to find a right blend brush... other than that it’s great.
Best iOS painting program. Ever!
It’s not perfect, there are a few things I’d like to see... maybe some more artistic filters, ability to add and control text... and layer effects such as emboss, drop shadow. I’d like levels with histogram for basic color correction to ensure my values span the entire value range - darks at 0 and lights at 255. There is curves... which is good, but I can’t see the histogram, so accurate color correction is more by eye (unless there’s a way I haven’t discovered). But those issues are minor and I can easily do those in another program if needed. For the price... it’s absolutely amazing. In the 2 months I’ve had this, it took only two days to become very comfortable with... and I’ve already earned about $1000 in paid work so far and they keep coming in, just by my sharing on Facebook! My clients are amazed and I earn between $120 and $280 for each portrait so far. I’ve done pet portraits over the years, off and on using Painter and Photoshop, each costing many hundreds of dollars. But my desktop computer is old and failing... I do have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with pen... great as a windows computer... but I COULD NEVER GET COMFORTABLE WITH this for art, with its pen. Klunky. And I tried for some time! So this year I decided to get Procreate for my iPad mini 4. I love it! It’s simple, hardly any learning curve. And while it’s no full-featured Photoshop or Painter, it has pretty much everything I need to produce profession quality portraits, quickly and intuitively, at the highest resolutions I require, and the ability to customize and create my own brushes, which I’ve hardly had to do because unlike many other programs, the defaults are fantastic. Check Facebook.com/Carlsart11 for examples. The features they included are just the ones I need the most. The default brushes are fantastic and hardly need adjustment. The smudge tool is great because I can use any brush as a smudge and can switch between brush, smudge and eraser quickly. Eraser also can use any brush. Very useful. It’s amazing how quick and responsive the tools are even at huge canvas sizes. Totally faster than Photoshop or Painter at those resolutions. As are filters such as Gaussian or camera motion blur which incomprehensible are displayed canvas wide in REAL TIME. Sometimes there’s an initial delay with the first paint stroke on a huge canvas, but thereafter, it’s responsive (I’m on a iPad mini, so I’m sure the Pro is even better, and admittedly this only happens at 3000-4000 pixel or larger canvas sizes).
I don’t have pressure sensitivity or the Apple Pencil but it hardly is an issue. Painting with my finger is so smooth and intuitive, I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I can change opacity/size quickly and/or create a taper in brush settings. The UI is clean and intuitive and if I wanted, I could even dynamically adjust pressure or size with one finger on the slider WHILE painting with my finger. This wasn’t documented, just tried it and sure enough it worked!
I had difficulty figuring out how to create my own brush library and drag/drop copies of the default brushes into it... not quite intuitive, required some new multi-touch actions which I’m not used to, but I eventually figured it out with some Google searches. Now I’ve got all my most used brushes in my own library, and I’m free to tweak them as I wish. There’s still plenty I need to learn, but this excites me. Such as creating my own brushes from scratch (but so far... haven’t needed to...) and exploring all the brush options, which are deep. Or downloading new brush libraries. Love the perspective grid helpers and symmetry painting options. Would like more options to paint with symmetry, but with some extra effort I can work around the limitations (would like ability to create mandalas with arbitrary number of repetitions...) After 2 months of using this, I’m still so happy I splurged the $10, and baffled at why I waited so long to do so! Great job, developers!
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 186.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.