By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Color support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s time-lapse replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favorite streaming service
- Record everything in real time and share it to any connected service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 4.0.7
Here's a quick update to restore the correct background and title colors to all your swatch palettes.
In case you missed it, here's what we changed in the last update:
• You no longer need to live on a prayer when importing massive sized JPGs, odd file formats, and obscure PSDs.
• We fixed a crash that sometimes happened if you had an appetite for distortion.
• You can now safely use 'Add to Procreate' after choosing questionable files.
• If you've purchased the Earth brushes set, they're now back in black.
• We have improved the Calligraphy Set translations for Italian, French, Arabic or Turkish customers.
• The new Grade slider allows you to soften wet brushes for new effects. Looks so good makes a grown man cry.
• No longer visually age waiting for the Actions menu to open.
• The new Color panel was back-to-front for right-to-left languages.
• Quicklines with Wet Mix brushes now don't look completely different to the original stroke (no, it won't do that).
• For first generation iPad Pro customers, you can once again rest your palm without fear of lag bringing you to your sha na na na na knees, knees.
We're happy to report iOS 11.1 resolves the freezing issue. Huge thanks to all of you that helped diagnose it.
Keep your hands off my tools...
This could be such a great app for professionals who use the apple stylus on an iPad Pro....but apparently they’re more interested in catering to people who simply use it on their phone to “doodle”...every update means the chance that they will take away another intuitive functionality, in favor of more “finger gestures”...I’ve also noticed changes in the way the brushes behave. (They can say what they want, but I favor the flat brush, and since the last update, it no longer behaves the same or leaves the same mark)...I’m extremely disappointed with the latest update...and have since moved all of my work over to Clip Studio Paint, using a Wacom Tablet...I HIGHLY recommend the same to anyone serious about their art. Clip Studio has a much wider selection of brushes, tools, & settings...all of which have reliably functioned the same way since the day I installed it. However, if you’re simply looking to make little doodles on your phone, using clumsy and annoying “finger gestures”, that apparently are subject to change with any given update...well then, this is the app for you...have fun with it, I’ll be over there working with a reliable tool that respects the customer base enough to not fudge with the interface.
The absolute best!!
Im not one to write reviews unless its an app that really deserves it. As a proud new owner of an apple pencil, all I can say is how amazing the app is. Every tool is so easy to understand, unlike other drawing apps that have so much happening in one page that it gets overwhelming.. But this.. and plus, this is one that doesnt require a subscription. Perfect score all around. Thanks for this. 👌
Edit: this app was awesome before on ios 10.. that being said, since updating to the ios 11 and procreate 4, there’s been lag.. and starting yesterday with the most latest update, it’s been a roller derby with all the crashing.. I really loved this app when it was functional.. 😩
Edit: perfect in every way once again! 👌🏼
Too much fun!
I love this app. I’ve been a digital artist since the early 90’s and cut my teeth on Photoshop 1.0 (I still have my floppy install disks), and Illustrator. I was on the Painter bandwagon when it was launched by Fractal Design, and the floppies came in a fancy metal bucket. I dreamed of being able to draw on a digital tablet computer while working on a 6x6 inch Wacom tablet with a serial plug and looking at a tiny 12” tube color monitor on my Apple Macintosh IIsi. Procreate is just about the perfect program for art on the iPad Pro, and I only say “just about” because I know they are busy making it even more mind blowing. As a digital artist, I highly recommend everyone have this app in their iPad and have fun drawing, painting and making art!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 03, 2017
- Version: 4.0.7
- Size: 175 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015Free