Project Planner - Task & Res Mgmt on Gantt chart
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Project Planner is a project and task planning application that makes it easy to keep track of multiple projects and tasks.
Project Planner is the mac version of popular iOS applications Project Planner 2 and Project Planner 2 HD.
Project Planner allows you manage your projects. In every project you can add many tasks grouped in phases and finished by milestone.
You can view your project on Gantt chart in hours, days, weeks or months scale.
- viewing your tasks as a list and Gantt Chart
- editing task directly from Gantt Chart
- creating dependencies between tasks
- updating progress of task to keep track
- adding resources and costs to tasks, with additional Resources and Task Usage charts.
- importing and exporting projects in .ppf format (supported by Project Planner 2, Project Planner 2 HD and Project Planner Viewer).
- exporting reports in PDF format (readable in Adobe Reader, OSX Preview and all full pdf compatible readers)
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Stability improvement
A lot of bugs and needs a lot of improvements. Few bugs: calendar flyers do not collapse after use. One of the calendar flyers’ controls are hidden by another flyer with the color of the task. Input of years by hand is a nuisance either takes you to the year 8 or the year 5918 instead of 2018. Double-click does not work anywhere. The zoom to create a report or PDF does not function so the outputs in both situations is spread accross several pages without much control. Few improvements: The longest period of time to collapse in a single column is month. At least year should be an option. There are some tasks that can be connected even though the first one isn't yet finished. The program forces that the beginning of the second concides with the end of the first.
With all these problems, the program is not user-friendly at all.
Too Many Bugs
There are just too many bugs. In particular I linking tasks. I switched to libreproject (free). It is much more stable. I wish someone would build libreoffice for mac app store and charge me $10 for it so I could get updates from the app store plus contribute to the project.