« Prostate Cancer Imaging LITE » is the free starter version of « Prostate Cancer Imaging » a didactic medical application designed to teach you how to read and interpret prostate MRI images as well as to help you attain optimal interpretation performance. It is a course unlike any you have experienced before: it is personalized, interactive, connected, and...entertaining!
This iPad app will provide you with step-by-step assistance for recognizing all kinds of prostate cancers on multiparametric MRI examinations, plus a guide for using a Pi-RADS synthetic classification. It is designed for radiologists, urologists and any physician wishing to improve his knowledge in prostate imaging.
This LITE version, gives you access to the first 6 typical clinical cases (out of more than 36 in the FULL version) jointly prepared by radiologists and urologists (instructors at the Lille University Hospital in the North of France). Each case includes:
- The patient history
- A full multiparametric MRI study with synchronized T2-weighted, diffusion-weighted, and DCE-MRI T1-weighted images, with an amazing 2D sync pointer.
- A standardized ESUR-based 27-region reporting grid that allows you to test your abilities, and get an overall view of all the answers...worldwide
- A detailed correction of the case, including semiological criteria, typical images, suspicious image scoring, biopsy and prostatectomy results (with histological reconstruction in some cases), patient follow-up, and “key” messages for the case
- A list of selected, interesting references for the case, with the possibility to peruse these references online...
All cases will be presented in a logical way enabling you to learn progressively. Cases can also be sorted and filtered by pathology, technique, signs, difficulties, cancer location, and more.
This application also integrates three invaluable sections:
1) "Keys for interpretation". These flash cards, which are regularily updated, summarize all of the basic elements required for prostate MRI interpretation. (SAME FOR LITE AND FULL VERSIONS)
2) A humongous “References” module, providing quick access to a handpicked list of about 90 articles for this topic. Each article has an abstract and either an open access Full Text PDF, or a Full Text PDF (if you are authorized to download it). Thanks to a PubMed link, you’ll be able to import new papers into your collection and read them offline. (LIMITED IN THIS LITE VERSION)
3) A "Radiologic Anatomy" module, based on pelvic MRIs, with more than 800 annotated structures. (SAME FOR LITE AND FULL VERSIONS)
Overall, “Prostate Cancer Imaging” offers you a full, interactive, personalized and entertaining tool for…painless…prostate MRI learning.
Version 1.2 and 1.3 update
This compatibility version was mainly released to allow full compatibility with newer systems (iOS>8). A brand new version, completely redesigned, with new cases, is in preparation for 2017.
This application was designed and written by Pr Philippe PUECH, chairman of the genito-urinary radiology department of the Lille University Hospital (France).
- Fixed the impossibility to download new cases
- Fixed "send comment..." bug
- Fixed interface readability issues
Ratings and Reviews
A terrific resource
Unparalleled educational tool for those both ordering and reading mp-MRI's
Thanks for putting this together!
- Philippe PUECH
- 46.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012...2016, Philippe PUECH. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.