One of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful arcade games of the 1980s is back in its Classic pixel perfect 2D form, and a re-imagined Reboot version with state of the art 3D game-play and graphics that remain faithful to the original concept. Both versions are exciting twitch games requiring keen puzzle solving skills and logic.
* 2 Fun Play Modes, Classic Arcade and Q*bert Rebooted!
* Coily and the rest of the crew are back with 3 New Enemies :- Homer, Uppercut and Treasure Chest
* 30+ New Levels in 3D Rebooted Mode
* Earn Crazy Q*bert Variants like Q*zilla, Q*bot, Q*knight and more
First introduced in 1982 by Gottlieb, Q*bert was critically-acclaimed and went on to become the one of the most successful arcade game of all time. It inspired home versions, a variety of Q*bert merchandise, numerous copycat games and even an animated TV series.
Q*bert Classic stays true to the original in all its jagged 2D pixel art glory, now optimized for touch screen control. As the title character, players jump around an isometric cube pyramid and convert each blockís color while avoiding familiar adversaries Coily, Ugg, Slick, Sam, Wrong Way and Red Ball. Levels become progressively harder with more enemies blocking your path and the tiles requiring multiple jumps to change to the required color.
Q*bert Rebooted takes the arcade classic and catapults it into the 21st century with 3D game play yet remains faithful to the original. Featuring hexagonal blocks instead of squares, Q*bert Rebooted introduces new enemies, playable characters, power-ups, traps, gem collecting and characters, and new ways to play.
Bug fixes! (pesky things sneak in when we aren't looking)
Ratings and Reviews
Unusable unless u buy it for .99 cents, read on
Pros, good recreation of the old 70/80's arcade game. The new 3d version is a lot of fun. If you enjoyed this game in the past give it a shot.
Cons, if you don't purchase it you will be hounded by so many pop ups and ads you will give up on it immediately. It is worth the .99 cents they charge for it. The original version is very hard to hear the audio aye full volume. The controls for both versions aren't great. What the writers should have done was create a small circle at the lower right hand side of the screen with small arrows 2'5' 7 and 11, you would control directions by touching just above ore below the circle to control directions. This would have been more like the diagonal joystick control of the original game. Maybe an update could introduce this feature. Any, drop a few coins and try it, not bad, would have gotten a higher rating if they didn't have sound issues and directional control issues.
Return of a quirky, original classic
1. Just pay the $1 to lose the ads, there are a lot of them and it's totally worth it. They don't make the game for free.
2. Controls aren't hard at all - don't tap the corners, just tap on the pyramid in the direction you want him to go (next cube or any cube in the same direction). Easier than the original.
3. Wish they had an option to play the classic game (which is harder but better IMO) with new hires graphics like the reboot (which isn't bad and is a nice bonus, as the original is worth a $1 easily, by itself).
4. This was such a clever, quirky, innovative game, it's nice to have it back.
Bad controls, annoying ads
I couldn't figure out the controls in classic mode. Tried to drag in various directions, but it moved in other directions.
Went looking for info about controls, or a settings page or something. Tapped the About button, and had to watch a 30-second unskippable ad. That's a terrible design choice, especially since it turned out that the About page didn't have the info I was looking for.
Tried to switch to the new version instead of Classic, but had to watch another unskippable 30-second ad, so I gave up.
- GPC Games Inc.
- 232.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Sideline Amusements.
- In-App Purchases
- Turn Off Ads $0.99
- Double Gem $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.